Amazon Deal of the Day: H&R Block Deluxe + State

tsoispf

Dryer sheet aficionado
For those interested, H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2017 + Refund Bonus Offer is the Amazon.com Deal of the Day at $19.99.

Thanks! That's a very decent deal and I'll take advantage of it.
I still expect to get a free TurboTax from FIDO, but I'd like to do them side by side. I did that several years ago and got different results. I thought TT was the more accurate one so I've kept using it, but maybe things have changed.

It is a good deal, and thanks tsoispf for letting us know. I also did a comparison a few years ago and found TT was superior (easier, more thorough) in two areas. One was preparing taxes for people living abroad, the other was preparing form 1116 (foreign tax credit). This low price is an opportunity for another comparison.

For those of us without state taxes, Deluxe w/o state is $13.99.

Thank you tsoispf for posting this!

ETA - I was able to cancel and buy this version. The Amazon screen said this version was “unavailable” and had no price , so the first time I just ignored it and bought the “plus state”version. This time I clicked on it anyway and sure enough it gave the lower price and same Prime delivery, so I ordered it.

Last edited:
Yes, given how TT yanks us around it may be time to try H&R Block for $20.

I thought that I had read somewhere that TT increased their state efiling fees from $20 for 2017 but the ad for TT on Amazon suggests that it is still $20.

I thought that I had read somewhere that TT increased their state efiling fees from $20 for 2017 but the ad for TT on Amazon suggests that it is still $20.
The Q&A for TT over at Amazon says the cost for the state e-file is $20. Two separate charges for the state tax -one for the program, another to e-file - is a bit confusing IMO but the H&R Block program does the same.

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered from Amazon. Been using TT, but happy to try something cheaper.

Thanks for the Heads Up, I just ordered it from Amazon.

Can this import TT files to start a new tax return using last year's TT data?

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered mine!

I still like Turbotax better, but $20 is too good of a deal to pass up, so I bought Deluxe.
I'm sticking with Turbotax, even though it will cost a little more and may not be a whole lot different. I am just used to it and set in my ways. I think this officially makes me an old person. :LOL: But anyway my spending is down this year, and the market is up, so I figure I can afford it.

Still, this is a great deal for all you young folks who don't mind changing to another tax program..... :D

A quick question....

When I click to buy, it pops up asking for CC info instead of going to the cart... is this happening to people who already bought it?

I have never seen this at Amazon before...

A quick question....

When I click to buy, it pops up asking for CC info instead of going to the cart... is this happening to people who already bought it?

I have never seen this at Amazon before...

Sounds fishy.

Try going to Amazon "Deals of the Day" and purchasing it that way. That's how I bought mine and it was a typical Amazon purchase process.

Sounds fishy.

Try going to Amazon "Deals of the Day" and purchasing it that way. That's how I bought mine and it was a typical Amazon purchase process.

That is where I went... I was purchasing the download version... the CD version goes through the normal process but I have to pay shipping...

I'm used to TurboTax and would have stuck with it, even at higher cost, but this year they have dropped support for Windows Vista, which HR still supports. I guess this deal is too good to not give it a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks OP ... downloading now!

To those concerned about the state eFile charge ... just print it, and mail it!

I bought the $13 one but it doesn't seem to import anything from my last year TaxAct except the personal information from the pdf copy of my return. I should have read more before I jumped and assumed - gee, it's H&R Block, it'll do everything.

I think I will change my mind and just bite the bullet on TaxAct. $13 is just one skipped breakfast out so I'll eat H&R.

Yes, given how TT yanks us around it may be time to try H&R Block for $20.

+1 TT has been yanking me last few years. Time to change.:dance:

Ugh, I just checked TaxACT and they want $62 this year. $25 for fed and $37 for state. However, I really don't want to have to re-enter all the last year's stuff manually.

Back
Top Bottom