Animals we share our lives with

What a sweet darling cat! And Biscuit is also a doll!

I thought I had posted this - but maybe not...
We have a new puppy who is pegging the cute meter despite an unfettered affinity for expensive shoes....

Here's Rhody at 11 lbs (10 weeks)

rhodyweb.jpg

and today at 20 lbs (3 weeks later)

June20, 2011web.jpg

Mom was an Aussie and dad is a standard poodle. We're still adjusting to puppy mode at my house and sorely wishing we had concrete floors with drains in every room. :facepalm:

:)

Kittens and puppies! What a great thread. So many lovely pets and I appreciate them all. But just to pick out three posts with photos,

Love your new kitty, Sarah, and Biscuit is beautiful.

Janet, your puppy looks so snuggly and huggable.

I think that possibly that is the most beautiful black cat I have ever seen, Major Tom.

I thought I had posted this - but maybe not...
We have a new puppy who is pegging the cute meter despite an unfettered affinity for expensive shoes....

Here's Rhody at 11 lbs (10 weeks)

View attachment 11951

and today at 20 lbs (3 weeks later)

View attachment 11952

Mom was an Aussie and dad is a standard poodle. We're still adjusting to puppy mode at my house and sorely wishing we had concrete floors with drains in every room. :facepalm:

:)

Rhody goes off the scale on the cuteness meter:) Congrats Janet!

I lost my beloved Maine Coon cat Aldo two months ago. I loved that cat more than, well, many people I know. My comfort comes from knowing how much I doted on him and how much he enjoyed it. We went for daily walks (he wore a leash), he had a heated sleeping pad for cold winter nights, and he was the apply of my eye. When I get situated in my new housing, I will honor Aldo by getting two new kitties from the local shelter, hopefully part or all Maine Coons.

I lost my beloved Maine Coon cat Aldo two months ago. I loved that cat more than, well, many people I know. My comfort comes from knowing how much I doted on him and how much he enjoyed it. We went for daily walks (he wore a leash), he had a heated sleeping pad for cold winter nights, and he was the apply of my eye. When I get situated in my new housing, I will honor Aldo by getting two new kitties from the local shelter, hopefully part or all Maine Coons.

Rest in Peace sweet Aldo. It's wonderful to know you plan to honor him by providing a home for two homeless kitties. I totally understand being attracted to Maine Coons - they are amazing. Even so, I'd recommend focusing on the personality and fit into your household more than looks or breed. What you really want it another beloved companion - or two.

Good luck and keep us posted. BTW, you may want to check out Petfinder when you're ready. Give yourself some time though.

www.petfinder.com

Janet H - the funny thing is, that when they're as cute as that, it's hard to get mad with them when they scratch or chew up your belongings - and your pup does look like he could get away with an awful lot with that cute factor!

Inkitnow - so sorry to hear of your loss. For the very small amount of effort they take to look after, pets give back so much. You obviously absolutely adored him.

I shared my life with my Comet for 15 years. He was a rescue kitty and I fell in love the first time I laid eyes on him.

Today...I had to have him put down. I know in my heart it was the right thing to do, but damn...it sure does hurt.

He's no longer at home with me, but he's still in my heart...and always will be.

I shared my life with my Comet for 15 years. He was a rescue kitty and I fell in love the first time I laid eyes on him.

Today...I had to have him put down. I know in my heart it was the right thing to do, but damn...it sure does hurt.

He's no longer at home with me, but he's still in my heart...and always will be.

I'm so sorry bbbamI. He was a lucky fur-baby to have known your love for so many years.

:'(

The good thing is that you had 15 wonderful years with him :)

I know you'll miss him a lot :(

I'm sorry bbaamI.

So sorry to hear about Comet. Knowing it is coming doesn't make it any easier. May you find peace in knowing you shared a wonderful life together.

Thanks y'all...

I'll just have to give extra smooches to my last remaining kitty. If fate allows, she'll be 20 years old this fall. I think that is 96 in human years...even now, she seems to have more energy than I do. :)

Thanks y'all...

I'll just have to give extra smooches to my last remaining kitty. If fate allows, she'll be 20 years old this fall. I think that is 96 in human years...even now, she seems to have more energy than I do. :)

I hope she doesn't get too down about the passing of her long time buddy.

My longest living cat lived to be 21. Her name was Cosey. She was happy and active up to her last few months of life. Then she went peacefully. I'd like to live like Cosey did. I hope your senior lady cat does too bbbamI.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Aldo sounds like one if a kind. Maine coons are wonderful companions. My mom had 3 of them and a close friend has 2.

Sorry to hear it, BBBAmI. Have you got any pictures of him to post?

Sorry to hear it, BBBAmI. Have you got any pictures of him to post?
Thanks Al.

I posted a pic of him on the first page of this thread. I do have this one that's one of my favorites as well. It's kind of fuzzy...but I still adore it....

Attachments

• comet.JPG
    comet.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 20
bbbamI,

I'm sorry for the loss of your Comet. I've been though that and it's so painful to let go.

It's been over a year since our Max died, much too young. It took me about a year but I'm feeling a lot more accepting of his loss. It doesn't feel so close to the surface anymore (although I'm all out crying about your Comet) I'm even getting to the point of craving another cat, but our other cat, 16 year Eleanor, has made it clear that she's happiest being an only girl.

Comet....what a great name! So sorry he's gone. He looks like he was a seriously nice cat.

Very sorry. Always tough to say goodbye to your furry friends.

MIL has been widowed for a couple of years now and we got her a cat yesterday. She has always been a small dog person, but her age and circumstance (lives in a condo) make a cat much more reasonable. The cat came in, took one lap around the whole house and went to sleep on her bed. :LOL:

It is a nice rescue group that we used - very caring and seem to thoroughly screen cats for health and adopters for suitability. I think it is going to work out.

Attachments

• IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 270
Back
Top Bottom