Animals we share our lives with

Is that fish juice on the window, or osprey?

Scared of a Water Bottle? No Way!

Nothing like a little Rest and Relaxation :)

Attachments

• george hutch.jpg
    george hutch.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 147
Nothing like a little Rest and Relaxation :)

Bob seconds this. Here he is "helping" me with my taxes a few years ago - before we bought the flat screen 'puter. Bob hates it.

Attachments

• Turbo Tax Bob.JPG
    Turbo Tax Bob.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 10
Bob seconds this. Here he is "helping" me with my taxes a few years ago - before we bought the flat screen 'puter. Bob hates it.

I love how he doesn't mind his legs sticking out over the TV set.

My buddy 'puppy sat' this past weekend. I guess you could say puppy Chow....:)

Attachments

• August 2012 029a.jpg
    August 2012 029a.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

How much do you charge to rent Bob out by the week? I would be interested. :D

I have been on a photo upload spree and just realized that I have not shown our only pet.

So, here she is. Can you see something common between the 3 photos?

img_1225675_0_7dfd8da13ac26f104c94e9a95d523ab3.jpg

img_1225675_1_2146094811e65d22319c849051ba49aa.jpg

img_1225675_2_fe80a8fd7be9d99d4e0db368cda9c513.jpg

Last edited:
My current therapy dog...

Attachments

• Therapy Dog.jpg
    Therapy Dog.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Share PB.png
    Share PB.png
    994.1 KB · Views: 7
Heh heh heh... I was sure that many would have said this.

Is her name 'Tripod'? Pretty cat. :)
Thank you for the compliment. I wish Mimi could read this post. No, not a good idea. She would put on air even more.
She's laying down but really no right leg shown.
Yes, we have a winner! Regarding the front right leg of my kitty, when she lays down most of the times you don't see it, a few times you do.

See photo below. Tada!

It is just her peculiar way of tucking in one front leg when she lays down. I thought that it was always the right leg, then this morning I saw that it was the left leg. She moved before I got my camera though.

She also has another pose, which I have not captured yet. My wife called it the "Cleopatra pose". It looks like the pose below, but with her head and shoulders propped up by a pillow, so that she could observe what we were doing.

img_1225805_0_0c6b655f1a4676dadd0df615c91a9120.jpg

She also has another pose, which I have not captured yet. My wife called it the "Cleopatra pose". It looks like the pose below, but with her head and shoulders propped up by a pillow, so that she could observe what we were doing.

img_1225808_0_0c6b655f1a4676dadd0df615c91a9120.jpg

She is beautiful! It's obvious she's well cared for and quite the princess:)

Ah, now that you thought she looked like a princess, I have to tell the rest of the story.

Well, after we lost our earlier cat, a beautiful all-white Angora with pink ears and blue eyes and a very sweet temper, we saw a photo of Mimi in the local paper for adoption. The agency named her "Queen Bee". Why was that? It was because she could not get along with any other cat. Indeed, when we saw her, she was hissing and making a big fuss. Most people passed her up, despite her pretty look. The cat shelter said that she should be the sole cat in the house, which was fine with us because we never have more than one.

When we adopted her, the agency said that she came with the fee reduced to 50%, plus we could return her within 30 days if she did not work out. And we only had to come back to pay after we decided to keep her. Wow! That tells you how bad her demeanor was.

She was less than 1-year old then, had a name tag from the previous owner, was spayed, and declawed. We never knew what happened to her earlier, but wanted to give her a chance. Perhaps the previous owner did not care for her properly. She bit me twice within the first few days, but we could not see returning her.

It took a bit of time but she mellowed out. She's a lot better now. Still, pretty as she looks, she will bite your finger off to the knuckle if you touch her hind feet. You can touch her front feet, stroke her head, her back, but not the hind feet. Stay off her hind feet!

Last edited:
It was very kind of you to adopt a hard to place kitty like her. I've worked with many homeless cats and kittens at the shelter and my heart goes out to ones like her. I've found calico's tend to be "queen bees" and often do best alone. My mom has a pretty calico named Tipper. She can be a piece of work, especially at the vet. Mom loves her though and she's a great companion. Tipper also must be an only kitty - she gets very jealous of other animals.

Here's a picture I took of Tipper when mom was out of town. I took care of her and e-mailed this to mom so she could see Tipper was OK. She worries so about her beloved kitty when she's away.

Attachments

• Tipper1.JPG
    Tipper1.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
She is a pretty cat. I thought she was missing her front right leg.

It's been my experience (and I have had a lot of cats) that females are more stand offish - stereotypical cat but males are more like dogs - very affectionate and follow you around. My sister has a male and he fits that to a tee.

YMMV.

Mimi was our first calico, and we were told that calicos had that trait.

Regarding her protective behavior of the hind feet, we theorized that perhaps she was accidentally stepped on in the past, and was fearful of getting hurt again.

So, my son proposed a therapy and he did carry it out. That is he would hold her so tight so she could not get away or bite, while massaging her hind feet to show that it did not hurt to be touched. :D

What do you know, after so many therapeutic sessions like that, it seemed to work and has desensitized her somewhat. The miserable meowing during the sessions has diminished as she was getting used to be manhandled. :)

Still, I am reluctant to touch those back feet.

PS. My earlier Angora was female and always wanted to be around people. The cat before that was male and also friendly. The current kitty has learned to come when called. Well, 50% of the time.

Last edited:
That's an interesting thought about the hind feet. Makes sense though. Cats are such interesting animals.
I had no idea they had such long lifespans. We recently had a member here lose a 20 year old cat, and a member on an Ag forum I visit lost his 23 year old cat this past week.

Last edited:
I've begun the DH conditioning process to get another cat (Abby passed away about a month ago). I was on a website from a local shelter showing the cute kitties (older adults) and reading their "bios" to him. He complained about having to vacuum cat hair (which is true). Slowwwwwly but surely!

I've begun the DH conditioning process to get another cat (Abby passed away about a month ago). I was on a website from a local shelter showing the cute kitties (older adults) and reading their "bios" to him. He complained about having to vacuum cat hair (which is true). Slowwwwwly but surely!

So sorry about Abby. Hope this works out. Some lucky kitty might have a very special day soon! If it does work out, you must post pictures:)

Attachments

• mutts.gif
    mutts.gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom