Animals we share our lives with

In Oklahoma, the turkey population has grown fast the last few years. I live out in the sticks, and they happen by pretty regular, usually not this many, though.

img_1257442_0_b6f3e52498b42bed384bb98438079036.jpg

Well, we just got another cat this weekend...

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24303183

So far, he is much different than our Russian Blue... when we got her home she was checking out EVERYTHING and wanting to get petted...

Tony has been hiding under our daughter's bed or dresser.... he will play a bit, and we can hear him purr.... but the only time he has come out was to go to the litter box and sleep a bit with our daughter... when he realized she woke up, he went back under the bed...

BUT, all the people at the adoption place said he was their favorite... he does seem to be very calm....

Texas, an excellent choice, the orange tabby! He will get used to you and then suddenly act like he owns the place, I bet. Give him a few days. I had one that did that--didn't even see him for 3 days then he came out from behind the sofa and sat on my lap.

Good for you to adopt such a nice looking fellow as Tony!

We have TONS of turkeys at our place, too. I counted 20 or 30 in the flock that passed by the other day. So neat!

Well, we just got another cat this weekend...

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24303183

So far, he is much different than our Russian Blue... when we got her home she was checking out EVERYTHING and wanting to get petted...

Tony has been hiding under our daughter's bed or dresser.... he will play a bit, and we can hear him purr.... but the only time he has come out was to go to the litter box and sleep a bit with our daughter... when he realized she woke up, he went back under the bed...

BUT, all the people at the adoption place said he was their favorite... he does seem to be very calm....

:dance::dance::dance:

You adopted a homeless kitty from Petfinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's beautiful. You're wonderful:D

My kitties are 5 years old today! I can't believe it, they grow up so fast!:D

You know I noticed your girls are calico/tortis. They can tend to be a bit high spirited. And a bit hard for some folks to understand. But also very loving and intelligent. You da best FIREd.

Our guy Boots like to sit between my legs and get his back scratched. Here is a candid shot from the other day:

Attachments

• BootsLounge.jpg
    BootsLounge.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 9
Love all the pics...especially the ones that are newly adopted. :flowers:

I really should not look at this thread, but I can't help myself. For now we'll remain petless, but maybe one day...:)

Here is a picture of our new kitty. We got her from someone at school who found her and took her in. Unfortunately, she was bugging the crap out of her other cat.

She's all gray, even her nose and her paws and her whiskers. She loves to play and walk across everything, especially things up high. She looks bigger than she really is. I think she's the smallest kitty I've ever had.

We lost Abby in July and this cat is completely gray. If DH agrees (he'll be home tomorrow after 2.5 weeks with the Red Cross and Hurricane Sandy), I think I'll call her Gabby (Gray + Abby).

Attachments

• Box Kitty.jpg
    Box Kitty.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Gabby 12-11-2012.jpg
    Gabby 12-11-2012.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Kitty.jpg
    Kitty.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 5
Here is a picture of our new kitty. We got her from someone at school who found her and took her in. Unfortunately, she was bugging the crap out of her other cat.

She's all gray, even her nose and her paws and her whiskers. She loves to play and walk across everything, especially things up high. She looks bigger than she really is. I think she's the smallest kitty I've ever had.

We lost Abby in July and this cat is completely gray. If DH agrees (he'll be home tomorrow after 2.5 weeks with the Red Cross and Hurricane Sandy), I think I'll call her Gabby (Gray + Abby).

Just like our Russian Blue... really soft fur....

Every single kitty whose picture has been posted here looks wonderful. I want them all :)

Thank you for posting these great pictures!

Just like our Russian Blue... really soft fur....

Yes, she is very, very soft. She's tearing back and forth in our smallish apartment. Our bedroom, living room over the couch, guest bedroom...reverse...repeat!

Yes, she is very, very soft. She's tearing back and forth in our smallish apartment. Our bedroom, living room over the couch, guest bedroom...reverse...repeat!

We always called that "frapping", derived from FRAP (frenetic random activity period).

Here is my favorite photo of Smokey. This was my African Spurred tortoise's winter home. It is nice and warm and Smokey had to get reacquainted with the tortoise after a summer of the tortoise living outside. My tortoise is so big now he can't even fit in the tube. All the cats are indoor cats.

smokey and dumpf 007.JPG

All these cats are making us nervous. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_6504.jpg
    IMG_6504.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 7
Oh my, Eddie has that look in his eyes too....:hide:
Yeah, he looks kinda intense. But truth be told, Eddie is a total wimp. He hides when company comes over or if we get a thunderstorm. But he's sweet and we love him:)

Back
Top Bottom