I have lots of hussy-cat pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    794.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Flexible Nacho.jpg
    Flexible Nacho.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 19
Here's a better angle of our flexi-cat. His name was Nacho - long gone. The pic is from the early 1990's. Crazy the way he used to sit.

Attachments

• 3 cats Bowie.jpg
    3 cats Bowie.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 22
There may be a "Barktoberfest" near you (not a joke). I'm going tomorrow. Check it out, it'll make you smile.

A picture I just took this morning of my ragdoll. His official name is Sasha, but not surprisingly, we usually just call him Fluffy:

Attachments

• Fluffy 10-31-2013.jpg
    Fluffy 10-31-2013.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 16
Cute ragdoll! And very fluffy! I always think it is funny about cats posing for pictures. The mystery writer Lilian Jackson Braun in her Cat Who series talked about the sleuthing Siamese as being totally unwilling to have their photographs taken. Many of mine have been of the same ilk--if they knew we pulled the camera out, they immediately quit doing whatever cute things they were doing!

6511-albums77-picture1110.jpg

My 2 year old female chihuahua mix "Kiki" and 6 yr. old male Siamese "Spooky" both adopted from the same shelter a couple of years a part. Getting along, not too shabby.:dance: However I have a female cat who refuses to have anything to do with either of them.:(

Coal working on his nylabone, and a bit later taking a much needed nap.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 12
I wish I could get a shot of my 3 all together, as hiker88 did in that fantastic shot posted a while back. While trying, I satisfy myself with pictures of them individually. This is my youngest, twitchy and ready to pop.

Attachments

• IMG_4589.jpg
    IMG_4589.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 12
I recently installed some shelves on the wall to give my youngest kitty (pictured above) the ability to climb up to an alcove near my 10-foot high ceiling. She loves going up there and hanging out, where she can look down on us all. My eldest doesn't feel like climbing all the way up. She has taken to sleeping all day on the lowest shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_4665.jpg
    IMG_4665.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4666.jpg
    IMG_4666.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 18
Shelves for kitties. Neat!

Here's a view of the whole set-up. I have since cleared some more space up near the ceiling so that the young 'un can climb up there and hang out. She has a blanket on top of a box that she loves to curl up on and look down on us all from above. There is a cat tree just out of the frame to the left. She can leap from the cat tree to the first shelf, then onto the CD rack, and the final leap takes her up to her alcove hang-out.

It's a small apartment, but it has 2 cat trees, 2 windows with great views of squirrels, birds and a dog park (one of them is a bay window with a comforter that has become covered in cat fur, as 2 of them are longhairs.) They have 2 litter boxes, 3 water bowls including a water fountain, and multiple places to scratch including a table leg with sisal wound around it to save space. I'm quite proud of how this small place has become a little kitty haven.

On the other hand, there are still times when I have to compete for space on the sofa........ :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpg
    IMG_4352.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4354.jpg
    IMG_4354.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4375.jpg
    IMG_4375.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4372.jpg
    IMG_4372.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Here's a view of the whole set-up. I have since cleared some more space up near the ceiling so that the young 'un can climb up there and hang out. She has a blanket on top of a box that she loves to curl up on and look down on us all from above. There is a cat tree just out of the frame to the left. She can leap from the cat tree to the first shelf, then onto the CD rack, and the final leap takes her up to her alcove hang-out.

It's a small apartment, but it has 2 cat trees, 2 windows with great views of squirrels, birds and a dog park (one of them is a bay window with a comforter that has become covered in cat fur, as 2 of them are longhairs.) They have 2 litter boxes, 3 water bowls including a water fountain, and multiple places to scratch including a table leg with sisal wound around it to save space. I'm quite proud of how this small place has become a little kitty haven.

On the other hand, there are still times when I have to compete for space on the sofa........ :LOL:

My cats are packing their bags and hopping the next bus to California. They want to live with you. They are now scoffing at the two cat trees in their current abode.

Looks like kitty nirvana at your home. You have very lucky kitties!

Absolutely adorable - will keep my eyes peeled for Bel as I cycle around the East Bay. Not sure how she'd get along with my cats though :LOL:

There is a neighbor's cat that hangs around our front porch, and when she hears him meowing, she goes nuts, as do the boys. I wish we could have a cat or two, but I haven't met a beagle yet who will let us. I guess we'd have to get a pup and a kitten at the same time, and I'm not sure I would live through that!

There is a neighbor's cat that hangs around our front porch, and when she hears him meowing, she goes nuts, as do the boys. I wish we could have a cat or two, but I haven't met a beagle yet who will let us. I guess we'd have to get a pup and a kitten at the same time, and I'm not sure I would live through that!
Some pets learn to adjust and co-exist with other animals, and some even bond and befriend each other. Sometimes, it's just not going to happen no matter how much time you give it. I know people whose cats barely tolerate each other, even after years of cohabiting. I don't think I'd like to live in that sort of atmosphere.

Fostering can be great for that if you're trying to create a harmonious multiple pet household, but it can also be good to recognize limits and act to protect the well-being and comfort of the furry companions we already have.

However, every time I look at the posts from foster agencies on my Facebook feed, I fall for almost every pet in need that I see :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom