Animals we share our lives with

cranky calicos!
Here's one I may have posted previously......semi-feral, we took her in in Riyadh and brought her back to Canada. Initially this involved involuntary incarceration, and since she found sharing a litter box with our other cat somewhat infra dig she taught herself to use the toilet.

But cranky.....you have no idea!

jv0ow4.jpg

Nemo - that picture of your cranky calico with her butt perched over the edge of the toilet bowl is hilarious!

Nemo - that picture of your cranky calico with her butt perched over the edge of the toilet bowl is hilarious!

Just prior to us leaving Saudi they shifted some of us to apartments in another compound.....the one we were in had two bathrooms.....that one was assigned to the cats.....toilet seat left up.....she'd go in there, drink the freshly flushed water, then use the can...smart cat.

Never doubt the ingenuity of a calico cat! I agree, that is a great photo!
I knew a girl who taught her cat to use the toilet, it was definitely weird getting used to seeing a cat on the toilet.
Mine get to go outside (during the day) so the litter box is for emergencies only.

Here she is, outside in the back of our Saudi dwelling, prior to our imminent departure which led to her temporary incarceration.

14uulwk.jpg

The reason we adopted her was because she was the only one our other cat, (a neutered male who'd aggressively run off feral toms, kittens, anything), would tolerate.

331m5q8.jpg

Things were fine for a few years back in Canada, and then she reverted to wildness.

We'd, (my late wife, the dog, our other cat, and me), be sitting in the living room, and we'd hear the basement cat flap open....(I swear our Border Collie would roll his eyes)...and she'd come upstairs, cursing all the way....eat her food (still cursing)...and leave in the same manner......collective sigh of relief.

My guy is having a hard time adjusting to my retirement. I think he's used to his alone time during the day.

aR5CeDd.jpg

Whenever I get home, this is my most energetic greeter.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 21
We'd, (my late wife, the dog, our other cat, and me), be sitting in the living room, and we'd hear the basement cat flap open....(I swear our Border Collie would roll his eyes)...and she'd come upstairs, cursing all the way....eat her food (still cursing)...and leave in the same manner......collective sigh of relief.
Sounds like a clear case of animal cruelty to me.:LOL:

Dagnabbit, where do I start? Nemo2 - the picture of your cranky calico in the back yard shows what a beautiful kitty she was (of course, we know that all animals are beautiful. I have to be honest!)

RacerX - your feller has that supremely regal "I am barely tolerating the presence of this human" look, that only a cat can pull off so perfectly :LOL:

DrRoy - I think that with a friendly little dog like that in the household, I'd get very little done - and wouldn't mind in the slightest!

Here is our 1.5 year old kitty. Looks a lot like Major Tom's kitty I think. Biter/scratcher rescue cat who was staying at a shelter too long. He thanked us big time with tons of kisses when we brought him home. (Still a biter/scratcher but only when he doesn't get play time.) he is not a lap cat and he doesn't like to be petted much, but he likes to hang with us and sleep on the bed with us. He is family.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1463184282.990595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
A long-lost relative, I think. That is a very naughty/feisty look on his face!
LOL, yeah, I think he was ready to attack me looking at the way his ears are tilted (back). He is really sweet though when he wants to be.

Last edited:
WileE and Cali on the couch where they don't belong.
Cali was 4 weeks old when the building she was living in was bulldozed. ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1463198491.752112.jpg
WileE was picked up by a rescuer from an abandoned lot. He was about 9 months old when we got him.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I'm loving all of these pics!

Here's a pic of our neighbor's cat. He has decided he enjoys lounging on our back deck...a few treats and some love, and he is one of the many who come visit us, lol. He sure does know how to strike a pose.

Attachments

• IMG_1167 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_1167 - Edited.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 25
That's probably the first time I've ever seen Beagles when they're not standing at the bottom of a tree, with their front feet up on the trunk, and howling. :LOL:

Nah. That'd be too much work. They're retired.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I'm loving all of these pics!

Here's a pic of our neighbor's cat. He has decided he enjoys lounging on our back deck...a few treats and some love, and he is one of the many who come visit us, lol. He sure does know how to strike a pose.
My friend has the same deck and the same neighbor cat. I have seen that same pose.
Doppelganger....

This is Flash. We adopted her from a rescue society on May 10. We are coming to understand that she had experienced some abuse: she's "foot shy" and cried if pressure was put on her collar - hence the harness.

We think she is a Husky/German Shepherd Dog cross - temperament and behaviour are classic Husky, but she has a deep chest, heavier muzzle and wider spaced ears more like a GSD.

She is a real sweetheart who has loved everyone we have introduced her to, and their dogs. Our ancient cats intimidate the heck out of her.

Attachments

• IMG_20160512_100211770_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160512_100211770_HDR.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20160511_173356710_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160511_173356710_HDR.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20160513_151523471.jpg
    IMG_20160513_151523471.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom