Animals we share our lives with

On the left Chloe, 10 yr old Pembroke Welsh Corgi with Max - 11 yr old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
img_1002729_0_a7c4f649025c66cd1ebe78348f338973.jpg

Stinky & Casper - 10 yr old twins
img_1002729_1_a2c31cb53c1da56369150d0c05449466.jpg

Gracie - 8 yr old Maine Coon mix
img_1002729_2_4228232959a7aba895ff1f1261926f17.jpg

Benny - 5 yrs old
img_1002729_3_1b5fdadb10835eaa22308516c3c06a8d.jpg

We also have my gf's 4 year old Chihuahua, 2 yr old Greyhound and 3 cats. Can you say menagerie boys and girls?

Tiger--that is so awesome! Good for you! And I love the twin kitties the best! And the Corgi--so cute!
Don't feel bad, I don't know if I have the most pets on the forum (what would you win for such a feat--some Cat Chow), but I've got 3 border collies, 1 English setter, and 1 Pom/something mix dogs and then six, no wait, seven cats. So 12 plus DH and I. Can you say a crowded king sized bed?

My little sweetie escaped yesterday out the front door while I was hanging my Christmas wreath. She headed across and up the street. I headed inside for the dog biscuits and her leash, then up the street to find her. I think she met all the dogs in the neighborhood that were in their fenced backyards. I finally cornered her at the end of the cul-de-sac. That's scary.:(

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 6
My wife and Claudia. If I may say so, such a pretty woman for such plain looking guy....

Attachments

• Chus y Claudia.jpg
    Chus y Claudia.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 10
My little sweetie escaped yesterday out the front door while I was hanging my Christmas wreath. She headed across and up the street. I headed inside for the dog biscuits and her leash, then up the street to find her. I think she met all the dogs in the neighborhood that were in their fenced backyards. I finally cornered her at the end of the cul-de-sac. That's scary.:(

I´m glad you got her back:)!! The rascals don´t realize how we suffer when they do things like that:(!

Dogs for sheep replaced by sheep for dogs

In a Tale That Wags Dog Owners, They Rent Flocks for Bored Collies - WSJ.com

BATTLE GROUND, Wash.—Sue Foster knew what she needed to do when her border collie, Taff, was expelled from puppy school for herding the black Labs into a corner.
She rented some sheep.
Then she bought another border collie and rented some grazing land. Then she bought some sheep of her own. And a third border collie. Now, like the old lady who swallowed the fly, Ms. Foster keeps a llama to chase off the coyotes that threaten the lambs that go to market to finance the sheep that entertain her dogs.
Once upon a time, Americans got dogs for their sheep. Now they get sheep for their dogs. "I never dreamed it would go this far," says Ms. Foster, 56 years old.

I would say that Sue Foster is a pet-lover de verdad.

Ha

When I was a kid a neighbor about a half mile away had what I think today was a border collie. In those days they were just called dogs. :) Anyway, us little kids were kind of scared of him as he would chase us around, nipping at our ankles but never biting, driving up all into our yard. Now I think that he was trying to herd us.

A cow*rker once told me a neighbor's BC herded all the children up under the deck.

That hit me funny...:ROFLMAO: Martha probably wasn't laughing when it happened to her tho. But, the picture in my head of herded kids under a deck being circled by a border collie tickled my funny bone.

New Cat

Here's my first foster cat that I now decided to keep. I guess that is no surprise. She was at the vet's for about 2 months before I brought her home. The lady who found her was allergic to cats. She apparently was in bad shape. She's about 4 and fat! She's a Siamese/tabby mix

6511-albums77-picture644.jpg

Here's my first foster cat that I now decided to keep. I guess that is no surprise. She was at the vet's for about 2 months before I brought her home. The lady who found her was allergic to cats. She apparently was in bad shape. She's about 4 and fat! She's a Siamese/tabby mix

6511-albums77-picture644.jpg

She's a pretty girl, thank you for giving her a home.

Lucky little girl:)

Several years ago a pack of three Javelinas attacked my old lab in our back yard. Cut her up really badly and cost me $600 in vet bills. I got one of them with a 22 pistol (it was dark and the fact I hit one was nothing but luck). The remaining two came back a few weeks later and tried it again, but this time I was ready for them with a 12-gauge.

Back
Top Bottom