Anthem Redux

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Received a call from one of the Texas county district attorneys this morning indicating they had an individual in custody who was in possession of my personal information along with many others. Wanted to know if he had permission which of course the answer was no. I may have to testify.

I hope they fully prosecute this clown and find out where he got the info, and that there are no other copies still floating around. While I am upset, I am not sure whether to be relieved that they caught this guy or not. We have not had any account intrusions and hopefully that will remain the case. We put credit freezes in place many months ago.

I am wondering if anyone else has had fallout from the Anthem hack; at least I assume that was the source for this breech.

Received what I thought was a rather insulting (if not comical) brochure in the mail from Anthem today: "Let's Talk About Your Privacy and Rights." Below the title it states: "Your Privacy is Important to Us."

Oh really? I think that horse left the barn already. This type of patronizing corporate doublespeak is always infuriating. :mad: At this point, they can talk to the lawyers.

Not with Anthem but I received a letter in the mail about a week ago from the US Gov. 'Office of Personnel Management' stating that my personal information (SS#, etc.) was taken during the hack of the OPM servers. Haven't had any problems yet, they are providing 3 years of credit/identity monitoring services and insurance thru ID Experts.

Not from Anthem, but DH got his letter from Experian related to their mishandling of the T-Mobile sensitive customer data. Ugh!

I'm usually very proactive but, and I hate to admit it, when Anthem got hacked and I got notified many months ago I did nothing and don't know if anything has happened to my identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Turns out the guy who had my info made off with personal records from a former employer, so this situation had nothing to do with Anthem, although that was my initial thought.

Back
Top Bottom