Anyone Getting SS Direct Deposits & Online Access to Bank Account

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A friend gets SS direct deposits and says when he goes online to verify deposits he can see his SSN along w/ the deposit. Paper statements don't show this, just the online access. The bank says the deposit is received w/ that info so it is displayed that way online. Curious what other banks do.

Schwab Bank does not display SSNs on line and my SSN is not in the downloaded transactions in MoneyDance or Quicken either.

What I get is something like this: "SSA TREAS 310 XXSOC SEC 129217~ Tran: A" It's totally unrelated to my SSN.

My bank doesn't list my SS number in the deposit information online, either. The info given is almost exactly like what REWahoo and OldShooter have already listed.

My bank doesn't list my SS number in the deposit information online, either. The info given is almost exactly like what REWahoo and OldShooter have already listed.

Same thing with me. No SS number in sight.

It would not surprise me. The government is way behind in regards to privacy.

When I go to the VA, my wristband has my social security number on it.

Thanks all for the replies. I talked to my broker....assuming what the rep sees is the same as what one sees online, it sounded like that what T-Al sees is what the broker has online (and also on my paper statement). ........so it sounds like perhaps SS might send the SSN w/ the ACH deposit but many/most banks/brokers might somehow block that in the online reporting.

My Dad's account does not show his SS# online with his direct deposits from SS. Small county state bank.

Back
Top Bottom