Anyone Missing A...........

ownyourfuture

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
8MM combination wrench ?

It had to be one in a million.
I figure the front tire hit the wrench, sent it spinning into the air, & it landed @ the perfect angle to allow the open end to 'plant' into the pavement & cause the other end to puncture the tire. Perfectly centered too :(

Ouch... talk about bad luck. I hope for your sake that your car is not AWD and you need to replace 4 tires. But to answer your question, no... not mine.

rayinpenn, I think ownyourfuture will sell you a 8mm to fill out your set.... for ~$150. :D

Wow. That's a good one. Looks like you have an extra one now.

Came down our gravel road, parked, got the mail, and my tire was flat. Not more than 30 seconds before I was going 55 mph. It was a piece of the gravel, kinda sharp on the end and almost a inch in diameter.

An SAE (fractional) wrench would never have done such a horrific murder of a tire. Metric tools - - - just can't be trusted. At night, while lying in bed, I can hear the metric tools whispering to my former corporate metrics.

Must Burn Down the House. :D

Hey! I think that's mine! 8mm isn't all that useful anyway. I'm very surprised the closed end penetrated the tread...hard to imagine that. Lucky it didn't tear up the fender and wheelwell. At work, we'd put that tire with the imbedded tool on the "shelf of shame", kinda like the insurance company commercial.

I think you parked too close to a Malcontent, so they took the wrench and jammed it in your tire against the ground, so it would insert itself the rest of the way.

But if you say this happened out on the open road while driving, then what I wrote doesn't make sense.

I have seen double-edge razor blades inserted in sidewalk cracks that were clearly placed there to cut dog feet or human feet.

Ouch... talk about bad luck. I hope for your sake that your car is not AWD and you need to replace 4 tires.
It's a 2012 Ford Escape Limited 4x4
The Michelin's are the original tires, & I have just under 40,000 miles on them.
So even though there was a decent amount of tread left, I bought 4 new Goodyears.

But if you say this happened out on the open road while driving, then what I wrote doesn't make sense.

I have seen double-edge razor blades inserted in sidewalk cracks that were clearly placed there to cut dog feet or human feet.

It happened out the open road & I heard the puncture immediately.
The tire low pressure light came on about 3/4 of a mile later.
As for the double edge razor blades inserted in the sidewalk........
man, there's some deeply disturbed individuals out there :mad:

DW dropped me off at school (eons ago), as I exited the car, my ring of keys dropped into the gutter. As she pulled away, the back wheel rolled over my keys. My copy of the car's ignition key neatly punctured the rear tire. As she stopped, my entire ring of keys was just hanging from the tire.

I had a tire cut down very quickly.... I guess similar to you that it was the back tire...

It was a sawzall blade... perfect stab in the tire.... I was literally a few hundred yards from the tire shop and drove right in.... well, that was too much driving!!! Tire was ruined... had lots of what looked like crumb rubber inside the tire...

DW dropped me off at school (eons ago), as I exited the car, my ring of keys dropped into the gutter. As she pulled away, the back wheel rolled over my keys. My copy of the car's ignition key neatly punctured the rear tire. As she stopped, my entire ring of keys was just hanging from the tire.

Yes, keys are evil. I pulled into a parking structure in pulled into the space and heard the hiss of a imminent flat tire. When they took the tire off, there was a key in the tire. Similar to the wrench, hard to understand how it could have got into a position to puncture the tire. One would think a lost key would just be laying flat on the ground. Cost me two tires because with a lease, tires on the same “axle” have to match.

Ouch... talk about bad luck. I hope for your sake that your car is not AWD and you need to replace 4 tires. But to answer your question, no... not mine.

I never heard of that with AWD, is that really true ?

I could possibly understand a pair, and even then, why cannot the drive gears account for a small variance, as they do when you go around a corner (the outside wheel has to rotate more than the inside).

I think you parked too close to a Malcontent, so they took the wrench and jammed it in your tire against the ground, so it would insert itself the rest of the way.

Where have you seen the razor thing ? I must live in a bubble as I've never heard of that either ?
Very scary and sick minded of people.

Many years ago, I went to a work party held at a local dive bar. There were razor blades stuck in the wall at arm height. I don't remember particulars about exactly where they were placed, but I remember almost snagging myself on one when I went to the rest room. I mentioned it to the other party-goers, who just shrugged, like this was normal!

Where have you seen the razor thing ? I must live in a bubble as I've never heard of that either ?
Very scary and sick minded of people.

yep I'm missing my 8mm wrench. Wait, I'm also missing the 22mm socket.. have you seen it?

I had a tire cut down very quickly.... I guess similar to you that it was the back tire...

It was a sawzall blade... perfect stab in the tire.... I was literally a few hundred yards from the tire shop and drove right in.... well, that was too much driving!!! Tire was ruined... had lots of what looked like crumb rubber inside the tire...

A puncture with a blade like that would have damaged the tire beyond repair anyway.

A puncture with a blade like that would have damaged the tire beyond repair anyway.

True, but I was surprised how quickly you can ruin a tire driving on it without air... so even if it were fixable, I ruined it beyond repair anyhow...

BTW, I am now getting ads for sawzall blades!!! I hate how everything is being tracked....

An SAE (fractional) wrench would never have done such a horrific murder of a tire. Metric tools - - - just can't be trusted. At night, while lying in bed, I can hear the metric tools whispering to my former corporate metrics.

Must Burn Down the House. :D
One of my favorites sayings from an old guy mechanic -
There ain't no metric bolts on the moon!

Is it a Craftsman? I lost mine a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom