anyone own a 97-2000 Lexus ES300 or Infiniti I30??

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a 96 avalon which I LOVE dearly, but is approaching it's demise at 180k miles.

I would buy another in a heartbeat, but dont like the avalon styling starting in 2000. Most of the 98 and 99's I see have 100k miles on them...very few with the 75k or so I'm aiming for

I came across a nice 99 Lexus ES300 and 2000 I30 (similar to a maxima), both in my price range.

I'm curious about your input if you've owned either. I have owned a Maxima, but would say the Avalon BLOWS it out of the water when it comes to road noise, ride comfort, size etc. I test drove the I30 and couldnt quite tell what I though because the owner was with me and wouldnt be quiet enough for me to think straight.

The ES330 seems a bit smaller than my 96 Avalon, and more like a Camry size-wise.

Just looking for input or first-hand comparisons.

I intend to buy with cash and drive it to the same 180k+ mark.....

Thanks

jason

Fed

We own a 06 Lexus ES 330. It's much newer than the model you are asking about but is a nice car. The 330 is built on the Camry platform but is a little more plush and quiet riding compared to the Camry. My FIL has a 06 Camry XLS with the same basic equipment.

We have friends that owned a I30. It seemed to ba a smaller sportier car compared to the Lexus and was not very comfortable while riding in the back seat. The car was totaled in a wreck and they replaced it with an Avalon.

We bought a 2001 ES300 a couple of years ago with 110,000 km on it (not sure how much this is in miles) and we love it. It's a really smooth ride and the gas mileage we get is pretty good.

I have a '93 celica and a '95 ls650. So I wouldn't know.

Though I believe a couple years ago my parents traded in their lexus ES300 for a Camry, increasing their monthly payments to do so.

I currently drive a '97 Lexus ES300. I bought it in 2002 as a "Certified Used" car. It had 47,000 miles on it at the time. It now has 116,000 miles on it and still runs and looks great. Despite being 11 years old, it has held up very well. The leather upholstery is still in good shape and there have been no major mechanical problems. The only negative has been that it is tough on tires. Despite having alignment checked regularly and the tires rotated, I have generally gotten only about 30,000 miles on a set of good tires. I would be considering buying a newer Lexus soon except that we have the expense of a wedding coming up in May of 2009. Oh well, I still enjoy driving it and I'm sure it will last a few more years.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom