Aspen Dental - Is it in some kind of trouble?

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi, I've been an Aspen Dental customer for 4 years. A week ago, I got a garbled message from the local office on my home phone, seemingly about my upcoming appointment this Saturday.

Since then, I have tried to call them on three different phones (including a friend's smartphone), at different times of the day. I can't ever get through. The connection just cuts off.

So I tried calling their main customer service #, 1-844-296-0187. "We're sorry, this number is busy, please try your call again later, click."

So I tried emailing their "reminder" email address. "Postmaster cannot deliver your email."

The office is a half-hour drive away, so I'm loath to go out there. I thought I would check to see if anyone has heard anything about the company closing?

Thanks,

Amethyst

Aren't they a franchise operation? I would think it's likely your local office went under, if anything. The number on the primary aspendental.com website is (877) 326-1504.

From their website..."Aspen Dental-branded dental practices are independently owned and operated by licensed dentists."

Last edited:
I went to the Aspen Dental Facebook pages and they're getting slammed with complaints about this and say there is a system outage that's affecting their ability to see patients. Seems to be nationwide.
Here is the link to their page, you will need to scroll down to read the comments but everyone seems to be saying they've been trying to call for 3 days.

https://www.facebook.com/AspenDental/

Thanks - I finally drove over to the local office and spoke to a frustrated receptionist, who was unable even to pull up my account to ensure my appointment was still on. She said it probably is.

Their phones and computer lines have been down since yesterday, she said. I can see how a company's IT could be down, but the phone? Weird.

Thanks - I finally drove over to the local office and spoke to a frustrated receptionist, who was unable even to pull up my account to ensure my appointment was still on. She said it probably is.

Their phones and computer lines have been down since yesterday, she said. I can see how a company's IT could be down, but the phone? Weird.

Lots of company phone systems are VOIP and rely on the internet being available.

Lots of company phone systems are VOIP and rely on the internet being available.

Yep. Probably most companies in this day and age. I used to support it and it sucked because 99% of the people did not understand the relationship between the 2 things and spent a lot of time yelling at me that I was just "stupid" and should "fix it". POTS lines (plain old telephone service) are a dying breed even in business. Could be a cable cut or something at the internet provider.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom