Attention Costco shoppers

If your SO give you this. After thanking him what would you really be thinking?

• This guy is a keeper- great sex for a month.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • How many other girls did he sleep with.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Costco? The ring is lovely but he should have put it in a Tiffany box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 million for a ring what is he thinking with a 4% SWR that is 40K/year

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I knew that Costco has been moving upscale lately but isn't this pushing the envelope a bit.

A 1 million dollar ring from Costco?

So this poll is for the ladies.

clifp said:
I knew that Costco has been moving upscale lately but isn't this pushing the envelope a bit.

A 1 million dollar ring from Costco?

So this poll is for the ladies.

Funny find.

I think your sample group may be a little biased though. I can think of a few places where the last option would be the joke option, but I'd bet it wins out here.

Nice rock. Part of the cost must be the precious metal for the setting :) .

Sister-in-law's family were jewelers, but SIL wears a beautiful cubic zirconia solitaire. Her friend who sells insurance has tried forever to get her to insure that huge "diamond" she thinks SIL wears.

Can that be a 33% wholesale discount if they're only selling one of them?

In our family, on the way out we'd stop at the food court for a pizza & frozen yogurt. I wonder if spouse would be wearing the ring home from the store...

Very Berry Sundae! I miss them so bad.

Funny find.

I think your sample group may be a little biased though. I can think of a few places where the last option would be the joke option, but I'd bet it wins out here.

I am so not taking that bet.:LOL: It does a raise any interesting question how unusual is this group. Feel free to steal it and post other places and we will compare result.

Ah, diamonds don't impress me. Seriously. Overpriced and often flawed in spite of what they are graded as.

The ring Mr B gave me was called "Blue Ice" by the guy who sold it to him when we were doing his mother a big favor by cashing in some old silver that his late father collected over the decades.

Is it a blue diamond? Is it blue topaz? Or is it blue cubic zirconium?

Who cares? It is beautiful and it is from him. :D

Well, the last option surely has to win on this forum. Just thinking of how many different things $1 million could be used for and the sparkly rock isn't high on the list. How about a $2,000 diamond ring, I bet you could get a pretty one for that and then invest the remaining $998,000.

oh come on now. It's Costco! Just buy it (after making sure the size needed is 6.5) take it home, make points, and return it in a few weeks after the excitement has worn off. Wouldn't that work?

Thank heavens my gal likes turquoise!

oh come on now. It's Costco! Just buy it (after making sure the size needed is 6.5) take it home, make points, and return it in a few weeks after the excitement has worn off. Wouldn't that work?

Thank heavens my gal likes turquoise!

Oh my god that is brilliant. With Costco's return policy I think I could probably get away with two separate engagements. Although getting the girls to return the ring may prove difficult.

Is it delivered in a Brinks truck or put in your mail box by the USPS?

I don't think Costco occupies any special niche in retail. It will sell anything so long as it makes 10% markup. How many jewelers would sell such a ring for 10% profit?

I'd be thinking, "Wow, he traveled all the way to the nearest Costco, in Houston or Alabama, just to buy me an overpriced ring? Is he even a little mentally stable?"

powerplay said:
How about a $2,000 diamond ring, I bet you could get a pretty one for that and then invest the remaining $998,000.
Then, as powerplay suggests, I'd wonder why he didn't just invest it and buy me a more reasonably priced gift. Exactly what does he expect from me in return? Do I really want to be entangled in this relationship?

Are you freakin' kidding me.... If a man, woman or a monkey gave me that diamond ring, I'd be thrilled! :LOL:

Ain't ashamed to say it. I love diamonds!!! :greetings10:

Last edited:
Does the Costco cash back feature on your American Express Card or Executive Club membership apply to this purchase?

I've purchased modest jewelery from Costco and never bothered to look.

But at Costco don't they sell these in packages of 10?

I would say thank you . Take the ring and move quickly leaving no forwarding address .:):)
When my mother died after over 25 years of marriage, my father offered my wife the pick of Mom's jewelry box. (He was planning to sell the rest of it at a later estate sale.) Mom kept the jewelry box on her dresser for as long as I can remember, but it was "private" and nobody touched it-- including Dad. That was the first time in my life I'd ever seen inside it.

Among the usual familiar items, it held three diamond engagement rings. Of course Dad had only been responsible for one of them, and nobody in Mom's family knows (or would admit) where the other two came from...

What a great story, Nords! Shame that you didn't get to find out who her other suitors were.

I had a diamond engagement ring, but I lost the stone out of it after 17 years. Now I wear my wedding band and a nice sapphire ring that my mom gave me on my left hand. No way I would want to buy a replacement for the engagement ring.

DH made payments on it for nearly a year before we were married. Bless his heart. :smitten:

What a great story, Nords! Shame that you didn't get to find out who her other suitors were.

I found a simple gold wedding ring in the sand on Kailua beach in 1967. I couldn't find the owner, so I just kept it in my jewelry box for several decades. Had I died, people might have wondered. That never occurred to me! I don't have it any more, though I don't really remember what I did with it.

A distant friend of mine wears a ring she had a jeweler make for her. It features 5 diamonds that she got from her (now long-deceased) grandmother's various engagement rings.

I've often wondered what stories those stones could tell.

omni

Back
Top Bottom