Bad Maps

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I should send this link to my ex. She was a cartographer and hated mistakes in maps.

I knew a guy that worked with my dad way back in the day that got a free world atlas (the giant books) for finding and sending in proof of a mistake he found in one of them. I love maps! I'm glad they included the ones of Brits trying to name all the states. That is a great series.

I actually was impressed by the Brit and Aussie's correct labeling of any of the states in the USA--not sure I could easily do the same with their countries. But the news organization's mistakes are inexcusable. In the same vein, the Chicago Tribune posted its weekly event calendar today that shows next Sunday will be February 29....

Years ago on mapquest, if you asked for directions over a body of water, it told you to do something like swim across a river or ocean. That was years ago and I'm not sure if that was corrected.

Years ago on mapquest, if you asked for directions over a body of water, it told you to do something like swim across a river or ocean. That was years ago and I'm not sure if that was corrected.

Now on Mapquest it says "We had trouble getting your directions". No sense of humor.

Google Maps used to say "kayak across the Atlantic Ocean" but they don't do that anymore either. Dang lawyers, I guess. Some fool might try it.

And if you asked for directions to Mordor and clicked on the pedestrian icon, it would reply "one does not just walk into Mordor."

Great link. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom