Black Friday; what are you hoping to score?

A few years ago, I went to a Staples store for the BF deals, they were all out...

I went home, and was able to buy the same items from the Staples online store with free shipping at the BF price.

Ever since, I don't fight the crowds in the store, just the ones online :D

I’m in the market for a Ruger lcp 2. I’ll scan the inter webs before venturing to the bass pro shop or my local gun store in person, though.

Just ordered a Firestick and an Amazon Dot for a total of $39.95. I'll use the Firestick, and will give the "DOT" (Alexa) to the CCRC, to put in the library, for residents to try and use. Hoping that this will encourage those who are living alone, to buy their own "Dot" ... some comfort and interaction to make their lives a little happier.

What a good idea!

Well, I started browsing and got into instant gratification mode, so I bought a USB flash drive without waiting to see if it goes on sale later this week. :blush:

Somehow I suspect that this really ISN'T what Black Friday shopping is supposed to be like.... :ROFLMAO: :2funny:

All you can do with a Flash drive is put stuff on it. If you're bored I don't think you're done yet. How about one of those sous vide things? Then you can tell me if it's worth it.

I'd ordinarily go out for a nice long hike on Friday, but rain is predicted in N Cal, esp on Thurs & Fri. Not that I'm complaining, we really really need it!

So I'll just hunker down with a good book. And maybe check what's on sale at Amazon. :angel:

For those who might be wanting a new Apple iThing, they will have some special offers coming up soon:

https://www.apple.com/us/shop/gifts/shopping-event

We've followed the Apple Black Friday deals for many years, and they tend to be quite obscure and not the main stream products.

In fact Apple resellers tend to give the best Black Friday deals on mainstream Apple products.

You never know, of course.

I agree. Third party resellers usually have better deals than Apple itself.
But people often have Apple gift cards and you can't use them anywhere else so these Apple Black Friday sales can be useful.

I'm using black Friday sales to make my new home a smart home and add needed security.

1. Already bought a $399 Dell computer from Best Buy (3 weeks ago my computer almost started on fire when the fan blew, kept smelling burnt plastic..yikes). This one is way better than I thought it would be (plastic feeling) but fairly fast and met my needs.

2. Nest Hello Doorbell ($50 off) (new door home has no visibility out of the front of the house on the first floor

3. Nest Camera ($50 off outdoor/$70 off indoor), chose the nest as one of the few that can identify pets vs. humans so hopefully I'll stop getting pings for birds/squirrels/etc.

4. Google Home Hub $(50 off)

5. Google Home Mini + GE Smart bulb ($30 off)

Then I'll also be looking for any good deals on home decor as I need some bar stools, pillows, etc

All you can do with a Flash drive is put stuff on it. If you're bored I don't think you're done yet. How about one of those sous vide things? Then you can tell me if it's worth it.

Hmm!!!! :LOL: I'll go look at them on Amazon and if I buy one, I'll let you know.... :D

Back
Top Bottom