Black Friday; what are you hoping to score?

I'm planning to fight the on-line crowds at Amazon and Walmart in search of a PS4 Pro for my grandson.

I saw one listed for $199 somewhere yesterday on amazon, not sure if it was Pro tho.

We seem to be a tough crowd, sounds like we won't be adding much to the Black Friday sales totals. There is nothing I want enough to make me get in my car, drive over 15 miles, stand in line and fight the crowds on Black Friday.. Forgot to add endless lines at the checkouts.

The $100 iTunes gift card is $79.49 until 11/19. Online or in store.

Weird. When I looked for this earlier, it only showed the $25 gift card. Now I see the one for $100 too. Thanks!

Just ordered a Firestick and an Amazon Dot for a total of $39.95. I'll use the Firestick, and will give the "DOT" (Alexa) to the CCRC, to put in the library, for residents to try and use. Hoping that this will encourage those who are living alone, to buy their own "Dot" ... some comfort and interaction to make their lives a little happier.

Last edited:
I'll ... give the "DOT" (Alexa) to the CCRC, to put in the library, for residents to try and use. Hoping that this will encourage those who are living alone, to buy their own "Dot" ... some comfort and interaction too make their lives a little happier.

Since an Amazon account is required for Alexa to work, will you use yours for this community "Dot"? If so, any concerns about someone using the account to place an order for something?

Last edited:
Onlike bike stores have some pretty good BF sales. So I'm thinking of a set of carbon wheels for the mountain bike and a new drivetrain for the road bike. Maybe upgrade the cycling computer if I find a deal. Yes, it's a sickness.

My one standard purchase is from Home Depot. Every year they have poinsettias on sale for $1, limit 12. I get 12 as they are small but with that many they make a nice showing.

Same here! I make a display on the front porch with them that really looks good. Gotta be quick though, they go fast and they have several other poinsettias for higher prices so you gotta be sure to get the $1 ones.

We seem to be a tough crowd, sounds like we won't be adding much to the Black Friday sales totals. There is nothing I want enough to make me get in my car, drive over 15 miles, stand in line and fight the crowds on Black Friday.. Forgot to add endless lines at the checkouts.

You don't have to fight crowds. Buy online.

Starting Friday I will have my yearly "no drive zone" around the mall. It's gotten better over the years with the decline of mall sales. However this is located near my gym so I have to be strategic in my hours to go work out.

Then after Christmas and all the returns are done we'll get our yearly crazy signups to pack the gym for the 30 days of resolution until they thin out again.

You don't have to fight crowds. Buy online.

I have noticed an increasing trend to have in store specials only...for example Menards has a lot of those and even retailers like Macy's are starting to do the same...online or go without is my Black Friday special..

Either the stores are making so little on these in store specials they don't want to bother warehousing and shipping them or they feel you end up spending more money once you go in the door.

I have noticed an increasing trend to have in store specials only...for example Menards has a lot of those and even retailers like Macy's are starting to do the same...online or go without is my Black Friday special..

Either the stores are making so little on these in store specials they don't want to bother warehousing and shipping them or they feel you end up spending more money once you go in the door.

Perhaps size and weight is a factor, too. It's a lot cheaper to ship a flash drive than a barbeque or tool box so it's more efficient for Menards to insist you buy at the store where they got 50 of them in one load.

Same here! I make a display on the front porch with them that really looks good. Gotta be quick though, they go fast and they have several other poinsettias for higher prices so you gotta be sure to get the $1 ones.

Yes, one year I got the wrong ones and didn’t realize until I went to pay. I abandoned that cart and went back but it was a zoo by then. Won’t make that mistake again.

I don't really have anything on my shopping list this year. But I'll probably browse some of my favorite online retailers to see of they have some good deals.

I don't have anything in mind, but plan to browse Amazon and a few other online retailers.

I am bored this week, which is rare for me and needs to be addressed. Also I am in serious Blow That Dough mode. So, if I see anything that appeals to me, I guarantee you it's mine. :D

Nothing. I never shop that day as it is a zoo. Plus we don’t need or want anything. As none of our 5 kids will be around this year we are going to a movie and eating out for thanksgiving. Nice change of pace versus cooking.

I'm going to make a BevMo run with my $20 off on $100 minimum black friday only coupon. Get some XO for the holidays - :)

I need a dishwasher and there are several so called Black Friday sales going on until the end of the month. I intend to see if there are any more deals on BF or cyber Monday. I’m not going to fight crowds so I’ll just check online.

Since an Amazon account is required for Alexa to work, will you use yours for this community "Dot"? If so, any concerns about someone using the account to place an order for something?

Thanks... Yes I thought of that, so I went to the Alexa account. there is a setting to prevent buying via voice.

Am not really sure, though. the wording is a little tricky, and it looks like one can sign on to things like Amazon Music Unlimited by voice. I'm not very skilled in using Alexa yet. Would appreciate some assurance here.

In any case, will loan my net "dot" out to friends, hoping they'll buy their own.

I don't have anything in mind, but plan to browse Amazon and a few other online retailers.

I am bored this week, which is rare for me and needs to be addressed. Also I am in serious Blow That Dough mode. So, if I see anything that appeals to me, I guarantee you it's mine. :D

Well, I started browsing and got into instant gratification mode, so I bought a USB flash drive without waiting to see if it goes on sale later this week. :blush:

Somehow I suspect that this really ISN'T what Black Friday shopping is supposed to be like.... :ROFLMAO: :2funny:

We make it a point to stay miles away from any B&M stores between now and Christmas. The only ones we (well, DW really) buy anything for is the grandnephews, ages 3 and 4, and the grandnieces, ages 9 and 13, and she does the bulk of that online.

If I remember to I'll look for Turbotax online only on Black Friday but that's about all I can think of for now. Oh, and Horizon Hobby just came out with a UMX (Ultra micro) MIG 15 jet and if that goes on sale I might spring for it. Since it's new, a sale is unlikely though.

Nothing comes to mind...we have everything we need. But, upon review...

I (we) have decided to throw out stuff we have accumulated in the "office" closet instead of buying more electronics and stuff we thought we would use.

Out:

My old work laptop (I use a Chromebook exclusively)
DW's laptop (she is on an Ipad)
Granddaughter's old laptop (when she lived with us in HS)
Kindle that we don't know where it came from (old one)
Wireless keyboard for DW's IPad (never used gift)
About 50 computer cables (various types) from my old computer repair business
Sticks of old RAM from old computers
Old video cards
Ten boxes or so of old paper records (bank statements, old tax returns, etc) - will be shredded.
Echo dot (used - slightly), broken wireless speakers, old sound bar

In:

Nothing in mind:)

We've always laughed at those who fight the crowds on BF. Guess what we get to do sometime between 6:00PM Thursday and midnight Friday? We get to go to WalMart to save $300 each on 2 iPhone XS's. Joy to the world!

Already bought a new fridge for the new house (got it about half off from "normal" price) and will probably get a new Simplisafe alarm as they are having a 25% off sale through tomorrow.

But, all bought on line. No physical stores for me...no way, no how. :)

Black Friday for me has always been about finding some great online deals and placing the order while sitting on the sofa in my slippers drinking a glass of wine. I’ve never even remotely thought of heading to a B&M store on Friday and trying to get some limited offer deal while competing with hundreds of other shoppers. That sounds miserable.

A friend of mine tried to get that $300 off IPhone deal at Walmart last year only to find out that it’s limited to stock on hand at the store. Apparently they had less than ten units available for the sale. What a joke.

Back
Top Bottom