Book Idea: Endgame: The End of the Debt Supercycle and how it Changes Everything

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
One of the best things about retiring is I get to read far more now.:)

I finished this book this evening and I thought it was excellent. If you want to hold on to the pollyanna notion that the US and the rest of the Western world can continue massive deficit spending and ignoring future liabilities or that just raising taxes (on "somebody else") is a painless fix, don't read this book.

If you're interested in economics and investing (this book is not meant to be political, though the connection is inescapable) like I am, I think you would enjoy this read. It was just published, so it's very current, IE there is a chapter titled 'Why Greece Matters.' While it's about macro economics, the authors go to great lengths to write so the layperson can understand it all - their use of analogies is excellent.

The first half is broadly about how the western world got into this fix over the last 60 years. The second half is chapters on what the specific problems and solutions are for the US, Europe, eastern Europe, Japan, the UK and Australia. There are no good options, just lesser evils.

FWIW...

Attachments

• Endgame-Mauldin-John-F-9781118004579.jpg
    Endgame-Mauldin-John-F-9781118004579.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom