Car Insurance

I got a quote also and amica said they would call this coming week to talk about it. surprisingly their homeowners was cheaper than I get now, auto was higher for same coverage, umbrella was also higher. the car insurance is probably my fault because I have full coverage on both cars and my pickup.

does anyone here have Amica insurance for home and auto? I was wondering how you like them. I am thinking of leaving state farm after 30 years because they raise rates annually, have changed deductible to percentage of insured property, have local agents but when you have a claim, the local agent is just a referral to an adjuster. drop coverages for different perils on a yearly basis, such as mold.

I have Amica for auto (Since 2009) and renters insurance (since 2012). I haven't had any claims to date but when I use their online chat, they are quick to respond and answer your questions.
Rates have gone up slightly during the years but the auto went down---probably since my car reached the 5 year mark.

They offer a 1% ? discount for paying auto in full before the due date and with renters insurance, they give a 15% dividend a month or 2 after the current policy expires...This could be state specific.
You can also pay by credit card without any additional fees---I do for the cash back on the credit card.

Related question: I was involved in a minor accident this past week. Collision with another car, no injuries, minor damage. Since I have a $1,000 deductible, I suspect I will be coughing that up upfront, but since the other driver should be found at fault, can I rely on my insurance co to recoup the deductible on my behalf as they claim they will, or should I be chasing the other driver's insurance co myself? I haven't been in this position before (knock wood) but maybe others can share their experience.

Related question: I was involved in a minor accident this past week. Collision with another car, no injuries, minor damage. Since I have a $1,000 deductible, I suspect I will be coughing that up upfront, but since the other driver should be found at fault, can I rely on my insurance co to recoup the deductible on my behalf as they claim they will, or should I be chasing the other driver's insurance co myself? I haven't been in this position before (knock wood) but maybe others can share their experience.

Unfortunately, the past 15 years, I have managed to back into a couple of midget cars I didn't see below my view lines which resulted in the other 2 cars having about $500 and $1000 damage. Neither of the 2 had to pay a cent upfront as my insurance covered it for them. I do not know if this procedure varies from carrier to carrier or even state to state though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This exact situation happened to me last year.
I had a bad experience many years ago trying to deal with another insurance company, so this time I just used my own and paid the $1K deductible (my repairs were about $1.6K).

My company went after the other guy's company for my deductible. It took six months, including going through arbitration between them, but I didn't have to be involved and I eventually got my whole $1K back. I don't know if all insurance companies would be that good about it, but mine was.

Thanks. Glad to hear your company chased the other. There really isn't anything in it for them other than customer goodwill.

My vehicle was damaged by another in a beachfront condo parking lot a few months back. Their insurance covered the minor repair (around $900) and rental car while it was being repaired. Of course, I had to track them down as no note was left. I found them from the paint left on my vehicle and "matching" damage on their rig, then called the local PD who ran their tag. Luckily they confessed right away and had their insurance company contact me. I did not even contact my insurance company. I also have a $1000 ded. so would have had to eat the repair or live with it.

Back
Top Bottom