CBS - Survivor Winners At War question (spoiler warning)

No spoilers, but I was very happy with the way the 3 hour show went and with the winner.

Spoiler below

I'm surprised Michelle got no votes. She always seemed to be the one that group of 4 was looking to vote out but she won two immunity challenges to stay in the game at crunch time. To get that far with no real alliances is impressive.

Spoiler below

I'm surprised Michelle got no votes. She always seemed to be the one that group of 4 was looking to vote out but she won two immunity challenges to stay in the game at crunch time. To get that far with no real alliances is impressive.

More Spoiler:

I agree with you, I thought she deserved some votes of recognition of her game play and challenge strength. Having said that, Tony was the clear winner by game play. I am surprised he won, as usually popularity wins out over game play.

Tony may have been more popular than editing made it seem. To go the entire game without a vote would seem to indicate he was not unpopular.

I was hoping Natalie would win, but Tony certainly worked the game the entire time, and deserves the win.

I am confused about one thing. Natalie could have challenged Tony in fire making as a strategy to get him out. What would happen if she lost that challenge?

I was hoping Natalie would win, but Tony certainly worked the game the entire time, and deserves the win.

I am confused about one thing. Natalie could have challenged Tony in fire making as a strategy to get him out. What would happen if she lost that challenge?

She would have been eliminated. If she participated in the fire making, she
is in effect giving up her immunity.

She would have been eliminated. If she participated in the fire making, she
is in effect giving up her immunity.

Yup. A similar thing happened in an earlier season, where the final immunity winner gave the immunity necklace to someone else and elected to participate in the fire making challenge. In that case, though, the person ended up winning the fire making challenge to get back into the final 3, and they ended up winning the season overall.

I’m still a Survivor fan after all these years, but I have to say that I was really disappointed with this season. Considering that the contestants were all previous winners and therefore the “best of the best,” it didn’t seem like anybody except Tony was making any moves. The core group just voted together, never rocked the boat, never tried to shake things up or blindside people. Sarah and Denise were especially disappointing in the end. Maybe it isn’t so obvious on the island, but to the viewers, how could anybody have doubted that Tony and Ben were the front runners?

I’m also ready for Edge of Extinction to disappear forever, and I’m pretty tired of all the hidden immunity idols all over the place. Wouldn’t mind if they cut back on them a little. Still, looking forward to the next season.

Back
Top Bottom