Cell phone question

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have one of those older cell phones (not a smart phone) but it does send and receive text messages. Is there any way to block a specific number from texting me? I get many texts from one number I don't recognize and it's putting me over my limit. I think it is one of those marketing numbers cause they are always sending me "offers" I can't refuse (or so they hope). If I text them back and ask them to not send any more texts, do you think that would help?

And by the way, I could not find any such options under the "Options" or "Tools" menus on the phone.

Last edited:
Had the same problem. I found out many of these text message programs are set up so that you can turn them off by replying: STOP

Worked for me, hope it does for you as well.

Last edited:
If it is a legit company, texting STOP may help, but if they are a spammer type, that will just let them know you are reading them (like responding to spam email), and you'll get more.

Google the number to see what comes up.

Try calling your carrier. Some only offer all-or-nothing blocking though.

I have a cheap dumb phone (the cheap T-Mobile Samsung flip - T169? not sure of the model), it does allow me to block a call (and I assume texts from that call, but I'm not sure). So another option is to get a new phone that will block specific text numbers. Post to howardforums and you'll probably get a fast reply, if none from here.

-ERD50

I have had a few numbers like this (texts, MMS, and calls) blocked by calling my carrier.

Kindest regards.

Notify your carrier. Yes.

Also file report with FCC.gov.

I had a problem with a political group, and after a few reports filed, it stopped.

Back
Top Bottom