Need to Repair or Replace Cell Phone

Realize that if/when you buy a refurb phone you will be limiting the number of software updates and security patches you will receive in the future.
True, but by the time it really becomes a problem, the battery is likely starting to die so it's time for a newer refurbished phone. (Worked that way for me anyway)

True, but by the time it really becomes a problem, the battery is likely starting to die so it's time for a newer refurbished phone. (Worked that way for me anyway)

It shouldn't be an issue with Apple iPhones as they are really good about iOS updates, nor an issue with most Pixel or Samsung phones. Other brands, it could be a problem, though.

Looks like a Pixel is in my future when my Moto G dies. :cool:

I'm on Cricket and I believe that is an AT&T company. What model would you all recommend for a used Pixel? Any big differences between models 6 and 7?

Last edited:
Looks like a Pixel is in my future when my Moto G dies. :cool:

I'm on Cricket and I believe that is an AT&T company. What model would you all recommend for a used Pixel? Any big differences between models 6 and 7?

The only difference I can see is the battery is a slightly bigger in the Pixel 6. The Pixel 6 is a tad wider in size.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Pixel-6,Google-Pixel-7/phones/11732,11908

I'm going to recommend the Pixel 7a.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/pixel-7-vs-pixel-7a-googles-cheaper-phone-is-the-winner/

I'm going to recommend the Pixel 7a.

The 7a is a cheaper build, like a plastic back instead of glass. Lots of other cheaper components, like the camera sensor. These don't show up in a side-by-side spec comparison. But they do affect performance and reliability.

When they were both new, I agree the 7a was a better value. Right now, 7 and 7a refurbs on Amazon are both right around $309 in "excellent" condition. If it was me, I'd go for the better quality 7. The only downside is it will have ~8 months less of software updates. But that's 4-5 years down the road.

I have a on year old Apple iPhone with a cracked screen…my bad. I’m worried if I take it in thr repair shop can hack the apps. Anyone have experience getting a screen repaired?

I have a on year old Apple iPhone with a cracked screen…my bad. I’m worried if I take it in thr repair shop can hack the apps. Anyone have experience getting a screen repaired?

I had a cracked screen replaced on my iPhone in 2020. Made an appointment at the Apple Store and it took about half an hour.

Thanks, everyone. The restart did the trick temporarily. Who knows what monster is hiding around the next corner?

I have heard good things about Pixel. I think I will look at those next. I have friends that love theirs.

Back
Top Bottom