Change in Yahoo Mail?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Until tonight, I have always had to enter user name and password to access Yahoo Mail. Tonight the user name and password were already entered .
I never checked the box to keep me signed in. When I checked my profile
and account options, it was set for keeping me signed in for 4 wks which I am sure I never set. The only other option on the popdown menu was 1 day.
I actually want it the old way which is to not keep me signed in after I logout.
Did something change w/ Yahoo Mail or is there another problem?

Computer is a Mac w/ Chrome.

edit: I just checked using Safari on the same computer and it is ok.

Last edited:
I received an email a few weeks ago from ATT Yahoo that "exciting new changes" were coming to our email in the next month. I always interpret that as PIA changes that force me to learn a new method I have no interest in learning. So far I haven't noticed any changes on mine yet, but they did say they were coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks different on my cell(started yesterday), no password issues, but at least some cosmetic changes.
MRG

Chrome tends to store user name and passwords unless you specifically clear them. That can be good if it's a computer that only you can access. It can be bad if it's a shared computer.

I got the "new improved" version of Yahoo webmail when I logged in today. I go there infrequently (mostly to retrieve false positive SPAM) so didn't take the time to really look at what's different. The last change (sometime last year) was bad because I could no longer easily grab large numbers of messages to put into folders. So who knows this time.

I got the "new improved" version of Yahoo webmail when I logged in today. I go there infrequently (mostly to retrieve false positive SPAM) so didn't take the time to really look at what's different. The last change (sometime last year) was bad because I could no longer easily grab large numbers of messages to put into folders. So who knows this time.

I check my yahoo through an iPad which does not require me to sign in. I guess if I ever log out and log back in, I will see the changes then.

Chrome tends to store user name and passwords unless you specifically clear them. That can be good if it's a computer that only you can access. It can be bad if it's a shared computer.

Thanks to all for your replies. Rodi....the puzzling thing to me is that until last night, everything was fine ....no autofilling.............SIL told me how to change the settings on Chrome so the problem is now resolved but I would sure like to know how/why things changed.

I check my yahoo through an iPad which does not require me to sign in. I guess if I ever log out and log back in, I will see the changes then.

Seems they require me to log-in every two or three weeks, maybe triggered by an OS restart. Yahoo is the email address I give to those I don't want clogging up my real email account. And I use MS Outlook for mail, calendar, and contact list, and it syncs to my phone.

I received an email a few weeks ago from ATT Yahoo that "exciting new changes" were coming to our email in the next month. I always interpret that as PIA changes that force me to learn a new method I have no interest in learning. So far I haven't noticed any changes on mine yet, but they did say they were coming.

Ah, the old "change for the sake of change" then call that new and improved :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom