College Football

And Harllee is a happy girl!

Yes I am--last week my UNC Tar Heels lost to Florida State and deservedly dropped big time in the rankings. Yesterday the Heels beat our rival NC State 41-28 so we are happy today.:dance:

Indiana was down by 1, and turned the ball over on downs with just under 2 minutes to play. Too much time for Penn St ... [and Indiana eventually won]

The majority of us Big 10 alumni know it is a good day when Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State lose. From one fan of a fellow feckless team (Illinois), I celebrate with my neighbors in Indiana today!

And Harllee is a happy girl!

Joe is unhappy that his adopted team got beat by Harllee's pale blue favorite. :)

The majority of us Big 10 alumni know it is a good day when Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State lose. From one fan of a fellow feckless team (Illinois), I celebrate with my neighbors in Indiana today!

Joe is unhappy that his adopted team got beat by Harllee's pale blue favorite. :)

Joe, don't tell me you are an NC State fan:confused:?

Another oddity yesterday was the number of FGs that hit the goalposts. I saw/heard two different games where kicks solidly hit the uprights. There must've been microphones on them because the sound really reverberated. Then in OT, Rice tried a FG which hit the right upright, then the cross bar, then the left upright, the cross bar again, and fell back into the end zone.

Another oddity yesterday was the number of FGs that hit the goalposts. I saw/heard two different games where kicks solidly hit the uprights. There must've been microphones on them because the sound really reverberated. Then in OT, Rice tried a FG which hit the right upright, then the cross bar, then the left upright, the cross bar again, and fell back into the end zone.

Yes. Rice was amazing.

Another oddity was PSU FG try from 57 yards that went on target 56.5 yards. Different game if it clears crossbar.

Last edited:

At the UNC v NC State game we had the same issue. The UNC kicker missed a short field goal when the football hit the goalpost. But he redeemed himself later with a 40 and a 30 yard field goal. I wonder whether the fact that practices over the summer where cut short has especially affected kickers.

Joe, don't tell me you are an NC State fan:confused:?

Anyone but Duke. After that, I have a hierarchy starting with the engineering school. It is my adopted region, so I'm not rabid about anything. :)

If it makes you feel better, I was in Chapel Hill at the Illinois vs UNC game in 2016 and watched my Illini get their behinds handed to them. Oh, and let's not forget that BB national championship year of UNC vs Illinois. We know how that ended up. So don't worry, harllee, I'm no threat to UNC fandom. :LOL:

Last edited:
Glad Mack Brown came home to UNC and is having some success already in his second year.
Seems to be generating some jealousy in Austin.

Anyone but Duke. After that, I have a hierarchy starting with the engineering school. It is my adopted region, so I'm not rabid about anything. :)

If it makes you feel better, I was in Chapel Hill at the Illinois vs UNC game in 2016 and watched my Illini get their behinds handed to them. Oh, and let's not forget that BB national championship year of UNC vs Illinois. We know how that ended up. So don't worry, harllee, I'm no threat to UNC fandom. :LOL:

OK I understand--at least you would rank UNC above Duke. It is great for a college sports fan like myself to live in an area with 3 universities with good programs in a 25 mile radius. Oh by the way I was at that 2005 NCAA Final Four--I have been fortunate to see UNC win 5 Final Fours in person so that has been a thrill for me.

Glad Mack Brown came home to UNC and is having some success already in his second year.
Seems to be generating some jealousy in Austin.

We are grateful to have Mack back at UNC and I think he is glad to be here. Although I must admit I was mad at him when he left UNC for Texas in '97. UNC just could not match the $$.

We are grateful to have Mack back at UNC and I think he is glad to be here. Although I must admit I was mad at him when he left UNC for Texas in '97. UNC just could not match the $$.

Well yeah I mean UNC is a basketball school after all. But I think the fit with Mack is fantastic.

Well yeah I mean UNC is a basketball school after all. But I think the fit with Mack is fantastic.

But UNC would like to be a basketball school AND a football school (as well as a women's soccer school)!:dance:

Clemson has been missing their star QB who is out with Covid but Clemson just scored and took the lead. So maybe they can handle it after all.

Well, they pulled it out. Hopefully they gain some confidence prior to ND next week. Trevor Lawrence will likely still be out, but the Freshman threw for nearly 350 yards and 2 TD's in his absence. Real problem at this point is the defense.

Well, they pulled it out. Hopefully they gain some confidence prior to ND next week. Trevor Lawrence will likely still be out, but the Freshman threw for nearly 350 yards and 2 TD's in his absence. Real problem at this point is the defense.

I thought Lawrence's 10 day Covid quarantine would be up by the ND game

I thought Lawrence's 10 day Covid quarantine would be up by the ND game

Quarantine up, and being able to play... 2 different things. The other young man gained confidence and will do fine. Defense needs to get starters healthy to have a chance

Quarantine up, and being able to play... 2 different things. The other young man gained confidence and will do fine. Defense needs to get starters healthy to have a chance

So Lawrence is actually sick?

Back
Top Bottom