College Football

I could never understand the desire some have to watch other people play sports instead of doing one themselves. I guess I just wasn’t raised that way. My wife was a football fan but some time ago decided football would not be allowed back in our home. Ever! That’s great for me. Some of my favorite ski days are days like Superbowl day when we have the whole mountain all to ourselves. I’m happy that so many others still like sitting on their couch and watching these guys. It keeps a lot of people off of our roads, off of our favorite ski mountains, off of our blue ribbon trout streams and rivers, and out of our gym.
While I love skiing, the activities you describe take way more time in general than watching a game. Also, if you watch TV shows, how is watching a game any different - it's a plot with an unknown ending.

I'm just happy to see some real SEC football this weekend. Weird seeing few fans in the stadium and it will be interesting to see the lack of home team advantage without a bunch of rowdy drunk noisy fans, but at least we get see some boys knock heads.

GO DAWGS!
Wrong animal. :D

I think 5he big 10 thought after they cancelled the season, the rest of the football world would fall in line.

I'm glad they didn't.
Well somebody had to make a reasoned decision.

My UNC Tar Heels are not playing tomorrow (bye week). Any suggestions of good college football games tomorrow to watch on TV?

My UNC Tar Heels are not playing tomorrow (bye week). Any suggestions of good college football games tomorrow to watch on TV?

LSU vs Miss State, I believe it airs 2:30 CST.

Looks like the PAC 12 has fallen in line, although still no fans in the stadiums.

Um, I would say K State-Okie, and LSU-Miss. State. Upset time! LSU game isn't over yet.

Too late you say? Do what I do, watch a game that looks to be interesting, but watch all the scores. Switch over to a close game, especially in the 2nd half.

I knew LSU would be challenged this year due to losing a record number of players to NFL and then others who opted out due to Covid and to get ready for next years draft. Play from the secondary was horrible with the man to man coverage. I do not know why they did not change to zone coverage as they could not hang man to man. Maybe would have been a little different if Stingley was not hospitalized before the game and unable to play. Offensive line provided no pass protection for Brennan nor were they effective for the run game. Too many inexperienced young players that need to get better quickly. Hats off the Leach for his big win and to his graduate transfer QB who was superb with his air raid offense.

I knew LSU would be challenged this year due to losing a record number of players to NFL and then others who opted out due to Covid and to get ready for next years draft. Play from the secondary was horrible with the man to man coverage. I do not know why they did not change to zone coverage as they could not hang man to man. Maybe would have been a little different if Stingley was not hospitalized before the game and unable to play. Offensive line provided no pass protection for Brennan nor were they effective for the run game. Too many inexperienced young players that need to get better quickly. Hats off the Leach for his big win and to his graduate transfer QB who was superb with his air raid offense.

I watched some of that game and from a neutral standpoint it was a great game. Sorry for the LSU loss. The Miss. St. quarterback (transferred from Stanford I think) was very impressive. Florida also looked very good in their win.

There were several really good games yesterday. I am glad college football is back and I hope they can continue to play safely.

GO COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

Last edited:
Anybody watching any college football today? My UNC Tar Heels won a close one over Boston College, I am just glad they got to play.

Anybody watching any college football today? My UNC Tar Heels won a close one over Boston College, I am just glad they got to play.

With Big Ten getting off to a late start i'm not getting invested for a few more weeks incase they decide to cancel more games or even the rest of the season. Haven't watched a game yet

Bad call, Dan:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30114650/florida-dan-mullen-backtracks-packing-stadium

Florida football coach Dan Mullen backtracked on his call to "pack The Swamp" for Saturday's game against LSU, but the issue became moot anyway.

After a coronavirus outbreak on his team, the game was postponed Wednesday, with a tentative makeup date of Dec. 12.

The Gators had at least 21 players and coaches test positive for the coronavirus and dozens more quarantined because of contact tracing. That left them with fewer than the conference-mandated 53 scholarship players available Saturday against defending national champion LSU.

Last edited:
They drained the swamp before they could pack it. :LOL:

My UNC Tar Heels are playing tonight at FSU, UNC is 3-0 and surprisingly ranking #5 in the nation (I realize the polls are strange this year with some schools yet to play). Go Heels!

I have watched a couple games for 5 minutes. I can't get into it without a rabid crowd, though. Even so, I will probably watch the Penn State v Indiana game at 3:30 Saturday Oct 24, on Fox Sports 1. I don't get Fox Sports 1 on my cable, so I think I'll listen on the radio for the first half and then watch the second half at a bar. WE ARE....

I have watched a couple games for 5 minutes. I can't get into it without a rabid crowd, though. Even so, I will probably watch the Penn State v Indiana game at 3:30 Saturday Oct 24, on Fox Sports 1. I don't get Fox Sports 1 on my cable, so I think I'll listen on the radio for the first half and then watch the second half at a bar. WE ARE....
That was a pretty wild and odd game. Indiana was down by 1, and turned the ball over on downs with just under 2 minutes to play. Too much time for Penn St to just sit on the ball, so they ran a real play. And Indiana let them score. The ball carrier started to think about it as he got inside the 5, but went in. So Indiana got the ball back down by 8 now, scored a TD+ 2 pt conversion. Then in OT, both teams scored, but Indiana went for 2 and made it on about as close of a play as you'd want to see.

I'd never seen that "let the other team score" ploy actually work.

College football is different for sure without the crowds and roaring fans in the stands but I am sure enjoying it as it takes us away for a little while from the ongoing challenges in our country and globally so I’ll take that for sure.
Awaiting now for PAC 12 to begin playing!

That was a pretty wild and odd game. Indiana was down by 1, and turned the ball over on downs with just under 2 minutes to play. Too much time for Penn St to just sit on the ball, so they ran a real play. And Indiana let them score. The ball carrier started to think about it as he got inside the 5, but went in. So Indiana got the ball back down by 8 now, scored a TD+ 2 pt conversion. Then in OT, both teams scored, but Indiana went for 2 and made it on about as close of a play as you'd want to see.

I'd never seen that "let the other team score" ploy actually work.

It was heck of a game. I did not think the Hoosiers scored on the 2 point. But gutsy and smart to go for it there.

It was heck of a game. I did not think the Hoosiers scored on the 2 point. But gutsy and smart to go for it there.
Pylon camera might've been the only view to see it. Not sure they have it for all games, and it might have been too close. In real time I didn't think he made it, but on replay it looked like the right call, but I wouldn't have overruled whatever the call on the field was.

Pylon camera might've been the only view to see it. Not sure they have it for all games, and it might have been too close. In real time I didn't think he made it, but on replay it looked like the right call, but I wouldn't have overruled whatever the call on the field was.

Yes, I thought the sideline view showed the ball hit OOB before pylon. That was clearest look. The end zone look I thought looked more like he broke the plane, but no way to tell from that angle.

Amazed he could stretch that far without elbow or knee hitting. Amazing play and huge win.

Back
Top Bottom