Considering cold call about purchasing my cabin

Consider listing with a realtor. You can sell as is even with a realtor. You’d most likely get quite a bit more than the flippers.

This cold call did come from a group that flips. Their offer was about 20% below my number. However I am considering it due to the appeal of not having to do anything more, and not worrying about the property during the winter sounds pretty good. I have both good and bad memories associated with the place. I know I'll never be able to afford water front in this area again.

Thanks for listening!

If they are willing to offer 20% below your number, that tells me they are stupid or your number is too low.

I suggest you call some realtors and have them come and look to see what they would list it for, and expect it to sell for "as is". You might be surprised, and it would be no more work than selling low.

I assume the flipper transaction doesn't include a commission.
If so then you are really only about 14% from your number.
"your number" could also be high if you haven't done a market analysis.
so you may be even closer.
On the other hand you could be low in your estimate.
Around here you can pay realtors a few hundred dollars for a market analysis without any obligation to sell with them and be locked into a 5 or 6 % commission. I would look into that possibility

Back
Top Bottom