Creative ERs - books, blogs, music and art created by our members

I'll be releasing The Universe Next Door in a few weeks. If your would like a free "advance review copy" (eBook format) please PM me. You'd be under no obligation to leave a review.

psIknNc.jpg

It's funny, when I came up with the title, I kept thinking: Why does that sound so familiar? Then I remembered The Millionaire Next Door.

Here's the Blurb:

Corby is recovering from his last mission, enjoying life with his new family, when he’s sucked into a parallel universe with nothing but his clothes, his dog, and his eighty-three-year-old grandmother-in-law.

On this version of Earth, the dinosaurs didn’t go extinct and the world is ruled by a spacefaring civilization of dinobirds. If Jake wants to return home, he’ll need to not only survive but locate the rulers of Earth so they can send him back.

Worse, Corby learns that a universe collision is imminent. Unless he can adapt to his new reality and work with the dinobirds to ward off that danger, his universe, as well as countless others, will cease to exist.

The Universe Next Door
is a standalone book, and may be understood without reading any of the other books in the series. However, for maximum enjoyment, consider reading Contact Us first.

Last edited:
For traditional musicians (Irish/Scottish/Celtic)

When I travel I like to combine sightseeing with the music I love. I am a fiddler and I enjoy trad sessions. You can find them all over the globe in pubs and other locales. I have started to blog my fiddle adventures.

My Scotland trip:
fiddlingtourist

A three day Michigan trip

fiddlingtourist

I too love Celtic music. We drove all the way to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island expecting to find the music in May. Come to find out, the musicians live elsewhere, and come home in July.

We went to Hootenanny in Inverness. Really enjoyed the music, sitting at a table right behind where they were playing.

I released this book today:

Many thanks to Amethyst and others who helped by "beta reading" it.

It will be 99 cents for about a week.

Democracy's Thief: An Eric Beckman Paranormal Thriller

Private Investigator Eric Beckman hates politics. He doesn’t even watch the news—it’s just sensationalized stories crafted to sell commercials. Why should he care?

But that changes when a friend is shot in the head during a politically motivated break-in. Eric starts digging, and using his paranormal mind-reading skills, he soon discovers that Wilson Kingman, the presidential candidate behind the burglary, has some supernatural skills of his own. With one sweep of his mesmerizing gaze, he's able to secure the fanatical devotion of the thousands who attend his rallies--including the very people investigating him.

Worse, Kingman’s true motivations have nothing to do with leading the free world. With the clock ticking down toward election day, Beckman must overcome his aversion to politics and stop the wrong man from being elected. If he fails, millions will die.

Democracy's Thief is a standalone book which may be enjoyed without reading any of the other books in the series.

-------------------

99 cents for a while.

What I did in retirement :)

I wrote a children's book just as a fun thing to do, and it's taken on a life of it's own. The book follows a dachshund along as she moves from foster care to her "forever" home, and comes with a parent and clinician guide for parents or therapists who are working with kids who may be facing a change in their family, adoption, step family, blended family, etc.
The intention is to use Roxie, the dog, as a character to allow kids to explore and discuss their feelings about their family changes in a fun non threatening manner.

To my shock, the book has won 18 awards, including the Creative Child Magazine Book of the Year for 2017.

I have decided to make it a series. The next book will be "Roxie the Doxie, the New Dog at School", where Roxie faces school anxiety, test anxiety, navigates how to make friends and other things kids face at school.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 45
I wrote a children's book just as a fun thing to do, and it's taken on a life of it's own. The book follows a dachshund along as she moves from foster care to her "forever" home, and comes with a parent and clinician guide for parents or therapists who are working with kids who may be facing a change in their family, adoption, step family, blended family, etc.
The intention is to use Roxie, the dog, as a character to allow kids to explore and discuss their feelings about their family changes in a fun non threatening manner.

To my shock, the book has won 18 awards, including the Creative Child Magazine Book of the Year for 2017.

I have decided to make it a series. The next book will be "Roxie the Doxie, the New Dog at School", where Roxie faces school anxiety, test anxiety, navigates how to make friends and other things kids face at school.

Wow, what a great achievement! Congratulations on being an award winning published author!

I have decided to make it a series.

Congrats on the success of your first book. One topic for your series could be a kid dealing with his/her mother's promiscuity after her divorce (succession of boyfriends, etc.) Librarians in more socially conservative parts of the country may not be eager to stock this book. 😕

Congrats on the success of your first book. One topic for your series could be a kid dealing with his/her mother's promiscuity after her divorce (succession of boyfriends, etc.) Librarians in more socially conservative parts of the country may not be eager to stock this book. 😕

That is a strange choice of topic, I think. No less relevant would be dealing with a father’s promiscuity before the divorce.

Congratulations, Irishgal. That is an amazing achievement. Hope the follow-on books are just as creative, and just as successful. :flowers:

That is a strange choice of topic, I think. No less relevant would be dealing with a father’s promiscuity before the divorce.

My mother claims that she 'ruined' her kids by her behavior after her divorce. I disagree. In any case, it would be interesting to read what the OP can do with the topic. Your proposal has merit, too. 😎

Folks, this thread is for people to share their creative achievements. The "let's debate and be critical" is in the other sub-forums. :)

Wow! What a fabulous achievement. I was reading the description on Amazon. 5 stars across the boards from 17 reviewers is pretty tough to do. Btw, you need to get the page updated, as they are only showing 11 awards. Congratulations.

Wow! What a fabulous achievement. I was reading the description on Amazon. 5 stars across the boards from 17 reviewers is pretty tough to do. Btw, you need to get the page updated, as they are only showing 11 awards. Congratulations.

Ack thanks for noticing that! I will get it updated.
I wish all the people who purchased would review, but then again when I buy things on Amazon I rarely do. :angel:

Ack thanks for noticing that! I will get it updated.
I wish all the people who purchased would review, but then again when I buy things on Amazon I rarely do. :angel:

That's why the 5 stars is a great accomplishment. I usually only review when I'm annoyed.

Irishgal, that's great. I also like the subject of the next book :) Our youngest just started kindergarten and I'm pretty sure they read a book where a dog goes to school and deals with some of those same anxiety/adjustment issues. And just this morning I returned another book to the library that involved a dog going to school for the first time and how he got ready.

Back
Top Bottom