Dell Computers: Repair Tech rant

Diagnosis: Vista.
Take one upgrade to Windows 7 and call me in the morning.
As RonBoyd said, no, at least not for the reason of solving this problem.

Windows 7 is certainly better than Vista, but countless people run Vista as a stable OS with the same applications orchid uses. To simply advise someone to fork out over $100 to upgrade their OS in a shotgun approach to solving the problem isn't good advice IMO.

As RonBoyd said, no, at least not for the reason of solving this problem.

Windows 7 is certainly better than Vista, but countless people run Vista as a stable OS with the same applications orchid uses. To simply advise someone to fork out over $100 to upgrade their OS in a shotgun approach to solving the problem isn't good advice IMO.

Now, that's the way I meant to say it.

here is a screen shot of the machine I am on now (the others are much more cluttered):

Every time I see a screenshot I can't resist looking it over with some faint hope there will be some folder called "hot tranny pics" or similar amusing item accidentally left on the desktop.

Your desktop appears all clear from this, nice work. :D

Every time I see a screenshot I can't resist looking it over with some faint hope there will be some folder called "hot tranny pics" or similar amusing item accidentally left on the desktop.

Your desktop appears all clear from this, nice work. :D
Looks like you missed the "TrophyWife.JPG" :LOL:

Looks like you missed the "TrophyWife.JPG" :LOL:

Ah, shucks. I was saving that:

Trophy Wife.JPG

Your best idea is a super cool idea. I would have opted for the same route if I were at your position. However, I have never faced irate behavior from Dell staff regarding PC repair.

Orchidflower, I share your frustration over computers. I also have a Dell computer and mine is working fine right now. However, McAfee stated that my computer was not fully protected last week. I do all of my banking online, along with my investments. I could picture hackers getting into my bank accounts and 401Ks and TSP. I could not even get to the Fix my computer button on the McAfee site. It would just come up with a big white box with nothing in it, when I pushed the McAfee button. I went to the McAfee site and wrote down the instructions on how to fix it. I could get so far, but could never find the Applications Data icon or button. I had read that it could be in Hidden Files, but could not find my Hidden Files. I finally called McAfee and went round and round with them. They said this was a technical issue with my computer and it would be a charged call. I told them that I had already bought their program that was supposed to protect my computer and why did I have to pay again. After much frustration and 4 1/2 hours later, they fixed my computer, so that it was finally protected again. I think that they were as sick of me as I was of the problem. The person asked me if she could take control of my computer and she deleted 2 different security programs that were on my computer and said they could interfere with McAfee security. She deleted and reinstalled the McAfee security program. I did see where she found the Applications data and Hidden Files, but she was going so fast, I still don't know where they are at. I am embarrassed to admit, but I think that they finally fixed it without charge, because I started crying. I can't remember the last time that I cried, but I will cry when I get so, so frustrated and I was at that point. I definitely did not cry to get their sympathy and was in the process of hanging up the phone when she said, listen do not hang up the phone, I will help you. I almost hung up because I was so embarrassed and wanted to get myself under control. I am seriously considering buying an Apple computer, when my computer goes. My DD and her spouse have Apple laptops and an Apple desktop computer and I don't think that they have ever had their computer crash and don't have to worry about hacker attacks so much either. My son gave me a wireless Microsoft mouse a couple of Christmas ago and I have not been able to get it to install on my computer. My son-in-law tried to get it installed and was not able to either. He was in a hurry at the time. He later asked me if he could use it on his Apple computer as he needed an extra mouse to play a video game with his brother and it was plug and play on his computer. From what I have heard and read, they seem to be much more user friendly and I think that I will pay the extra money, since I am not a techie person and need the friendliest computer that I can get. Life is too short.

Back
Top Bottom