Did you know?

Darn site linked above wants me to turn off my ad blocker.....not!;)

From the site:

July 1 ,2018
INDIANAPOLIS —
Anyone looking to get their eyeballs tattooed should book an appointment outside the state of Indiana.
Tattooists in the state are now prohibited by law from coloring the whites of a person’s eyes.
The new law went into effect Sunday.
The ban was first proposed by Sen. John Ruckelshaus, after a flurry of news reports last fall about a Canadian model who had major complications after getting her eyes tattooed purple.
Cat Gallinger told the Washington Post in 2017 she could lose her eyesight after getting the procedure done. She said it caused an eye infection and excruciating pain.

Thanks, I'll pass this along to the grandkids....:cool:

July 1 ,2018
INDIANAPOLIS —
Anyone looking to get their eyeballs tattooed should book an appointment outside the state of Indiana.
Tattooists in the state are now prohibited by law from coloring the whites of a person’s eyes.
The new law went into effect Sunday.
The ban was first proposed by Sen. John Ruckelshaus, after a flurry of news reports last fall about a Canadian model who had major complications after getting her eyes tattooed purple.
Cat Gallinger told the Washington Post in 2017 she could lose her eyesight after getting the procedure done. She said it caused an eye infection and excruciating pain.

It's a good thing that Senator Ruckelshaus actually did something useful. I'd been lying awake at night haunted by nightmares of purple-eyed Indianans running amok among us. Thankfully now that won't be allowed to happen.:angel:

Did you know that you burn more calories eating celery than it contains (the more you eat the thinner you become)

If we're just going to post urban legends like negative calories from celery, this is going to be an extremely tiresome thread (as if it weren't already useless enough)

If we're just going to post urban legends like negative calories from celery, this is going to be an extremely tiresome thread (as if it weren't already useless enough)

I'd say, as moderator, just shut it down.:blush:

I'd say, as moderator, just shut it down.:blush:

No need for that. But this thread will be much more valuable if people research a bit before posting, and provide references. It's pretty easy these days.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...t-answers/negative-calorie-foods/faq-20058260

Foods that contain few calories, such as celery and other nonstarchy vegetables, provide a small number of calories but still require energy to digest. That means it is theoretically possible to have a negative-calorie food, but there are no reputable scientific studies to prove that certain foods have this effect.

-ERD50

No need for that. But this thread will be much more valuable if people research a bit before posting, and provide references. It's pretty easy these days.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...t-answers/negative-calorie-foods/faq-20058260

-ERD50

Although most of us would readily accept health and medical advice from the Mayo Clinic as being relatively reputable, self-diagnosing using the internet has its pitfalls. Just ask our son, a nurse practitioner, who has seen countless patients in his practice that open with the line, I read on WebMD....

Think of these as opportunities to check that “Ignore Thread” is working properly!

Funny, I was spanked for suggesting this about another thread...

It's a good thing that Senator Ruckelshaus actually did something useful. I'd been lying awake at night haunted by nightmares of purple-eyed Indianans running amok among us. Thankfully now that won't be allowed to happen.:angel:

That’s “Hoosiers”... And, frankly, given the number of Hoosiers who are covered with tats but otherwise appear to have no pot to piss in....

Having our vegetable garden infested with aphids, I did some research and found the following.

Aphids can reproduce asexually, where females can give live birth to female nymphs which are clones of the mothers. They can also reproduce by mating and depositing eggs.

A newly born female aphid can start reproducing in 1 week, and gives birth to 5 offsprings a day for up to 30 days.

No wonder my veggies are in bad shape. Curses! :mad:

Aphid-giving-birth.jpg

Back
Top Bottom