Dishwasher Rusting Help.......

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hey guys and gals. I have a 6 year old Maytag that's running fine. Only problem is some of the coating on the wires that make up the lower and higher racks have come off and the wire underneath is rusting.

Is there a replacement epoxy coating I can apply to it? Any help is appreciated.........:)

I had to look that one up. Uber goop isn't what I thought it was...dang it....:whistle:

Is there a replacement epoxy coating I can apply to it? Any help is appreciated.........:)
If the goop option isn't working out, then hit Craigslist for cheap Maytags and bring your rack (or a tape measure) along to compare them.

Sounds kinda silly to discard the rest of the used dishwasher but it's cheaper than buying a new rack.

I had this happen with a Whirlpool dishwasher a few years back. I called their 800 number and gave them the model number of the dishwasher. They shipped me a brand new rack. As I recall it was about $30 including shipping. No muss, no fuss, no goop, just took the old one out and put the new one in. Worth the cost to avoid the bother.

Back
Top Bottom