Do you get grumpier as you age?

Thanks-- I bow to your superior search skills.

I'm not sure whether I made a "Hi, I am..." post or not. I'm pretty sure I started lurking in late 2002. I may have posted an intro and then deleted it later (Cut-Throat inspired a short period of infectious paranoia) but there sure have been a lot of discussion boards over the last decade.

I recall that my Dad got less grumpy with age. I think that retiring from a stressful job was a big factor. I think I am less grumpy, but then you probably need to check with DH for an accurate assessment. ;)

Absolutely. This is a normal human psychological pattern.
mpeirce said:
I've noticed that as people age they are pretty much like they always were only more so. So if you were a little grumpy when you were younger, you might be getting pretty darn grumpy by now. I know a few of my relatives fit this theory.

I get so grumpy at restaurants when we get a complete meal and it gets cold while our requests for silverware go unanswered! But in the big picture, what does it matter?

As T.S. Eliot so nicely phrased it, “I grow old … I grow old … I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.”

Back
Top Bottom