Do you use your dishwasher?

All European dishwashers lack the heating element. Unless the 'sanitize' function is used on Bosch DW's, chances are any dishes/silverware will still be somewhat wet the day after washing.

Our Miele has an alarm chime when it is done. If you open the door when that sounds and while the dishes are still warm, they will dry quickly.

Our Miele has an alarm chime when it is done. If you open the door when that sounds and while the dishes are still warm, they will dry quickly.

I love that you have and use a true cook’s kitchen with Miele etc., alongside your old rotary phones.

I’ve never heard that but will give it a try.

yes yes yes no

dude that sold us the dishwasher says rinsing the dishes prohibits the washer from completely cleaning them

so I had roasted a tri tip and forgot to put aluminum foil in the pan - showed my buddy (wife was out of town) put the pan in the dishwasher without rinsing and viola - clean as a whistle

I did put it on steam mode though

We have a Miele DW from 1989. An electronic part in it failed once and $200.00 later it was fixed. I bought it because it was the quietest DW I could find. I do all the cooking and buying the food and my spousal-unit cleans the house including the kitchen. My wife loads the DW and I unload it as I do not like the smells involved with loading. We have a policy of doing the job you hate less than the other person. My wife enjoys my cooking and I enjoy her cleaning. She wipes the plates to clean them off. We have a septic tank and do not want to fill it with food waste via the Dish Washer washing or rinsing by hand. I also do not like the idea of the DW rinsing the dishes with all that debris-filled water covering the dishes. I do believe it's all in my head but I do care. We use the electric heat drying function. It barely costs anything in winter and helps to humidify the house. In summer I guess we pay twice!

Have a GE Profile dishwasher that was put in by the builder when I bought the house 7.5 years ago.

Rarely use it. Maybe once or twice a year. Put in clean dishes just to use it.

It must be high efficiency because it leaves almost no water in the tray unlike my parents' one from 30 years ago.

Hard to tell if it works or not.

Back
Top Bottom