Do You Have an Air Fryer?

They are a PIA to clean. DD gave me hers and it just sits on my counter.

Our DD did the same thing, small, round and easy to clean. We use it mostly for reheating stuff, but the DW has been using it to make just a couple biscuits at a time instead of the oven or making a dozen.

We've had an Instant Vortex for a few months and love it. Fast, easy to clean and a good size for the two of us. Along with the food already noted, it makes great grilled cheese sandwiches and reheated pizza slices have nice crispy crust. Many frozen entrees now have air fryer instructions.

Never thought I would use the one my wife bought after nearly 40 years of marriage but I use it a lot and really like how it cooks and how simple it is. Ours is a large round basket that I've cooked a whole stuffed chicken in along with cornish hens, chicken thighs, wings, pork tenderloin, burgers, assorted vegetables and the most perfect hard boiled eggs I have ever seen. Simple to clean. I wish we would have bought it long ago!

Mike

LOL!:LOL:

We could have a contest here and see who is the winner. I have been in the newly built house since 9/12/2022 and have not used the new gas stove or new dishwasher in the kitchen yet!

If I have to "cook" (warm up) anything, it's in the microwave.

You guys are funny 😄. My mom quit cooking at 88 and her sister at 90. I like restaurants but not everyday. Plus there’s too much sodium, fat and calories in their food. However, my sister is 77 and eats out every day and I was shocked when she told me that.

Do You Have an Air Fryer? No.

We have two.

We have a Ninja Foodie Digital Air Fryer Oven in each home. Very versitile. We use it all the time. When not in use it tips up and takes up very little counter space. Easier than turning on the convection oven in the range.

I reheat some things in the ari fryer that turn out a lot better than reheating them in the microwave... like french fries and other foods that get soggy when reheated in the microwave the air fryer works much better.

SP101_03

Last edited:
We have a Ninja Foodie. We really like it and have made a variety of things in there. The one thing that keeps us from using it more is we don't have the counter space in our kitchen to keep it out all the time. If we could leave it on the counter, we would definitely use it more. It's so convenient to make a whole meal in one pot and it's super easy clean up.

Our Foodie tips up when not in use and takes very liffle counter space.

SP101_09

I’m sure I’d like one. DD loves hers BUT, she has kids and they use it a lot for out of the freezer food, like chicken nuggets. Me and DW wouldn’t use it enough to make it worth giving up some of our limited counter space. We just use or convection oven and it works well.

Before we got the air fryer we would often make oven fries... but oven fries are some buch easier and better in the air fryer than the convection oven.

I'm a recent convert. We have limited space, but the Gormia 7qt goes great in the one space everyone has that is unused (think corner or coffee nook).

Preset times and temp are pretty spot on & we've been surprised on the crispness and quality of cook for salmon, sweet potato chunks, brussel sprouts so far. The salmon (only 6-7 minutes) is crispy around the edges and pink in the middle and very consistent to mention specifics. And sweet potato chunks we normally cooked for 45 minutes in the convection oven on 425 now is 15 minutes & they look perfect.

Cleaning up is a breeze, but only every few days for that (or a messy dish). Cooking for 1 or 2 is the only downside...I could see a restaurant based on the technology and quickness of cook...

Last edited:
My housemate bought an air fryer awhile back. I honestly can't remember the last time he used it. But, I just asked him if he's glad he got it, and without the slightest pause said "Oh HELL Yeah!" I don't know much about it, and too lazy to go look for it right now, but knowing his budget and habits, it's not a very expensive one.

I've cleaned it a few times, and it's never been much of an issue.

Yes, have air fryer. Great for homemade fries.

Our Foodie tips up when not in use and takes very liffle counter space.
We don't have that style. We opted for the kind that looks more like an oversize crock pot. I think those are more versatile and they can be used for the things you make in yours but also used to make soups, meatballs, mac and cheese, stews, sauces, etc.

We wouldn't have counter space for your kind either so that wouldn't solve that particular problem.

Question for you who have or had both a fryer and a toaster oven, does an air fryer make the toast oven redundant? I mainly use the toaster oven to make toasts and occasionally reheat fries and onion rings. Thank you.

Love ours. Think it was a Ninja from Costco. Very easy to clean. I use if for:

Salmon - 12 - 14 minutes
Sweet Potatoes - 55 minutes
Sausages - 9 minutes
Chicken Wings - 24 minutes
Steaks, etc. Just google air fryer xxx and you will get recipes.

Find it much better quality than a microwave and more convenient than the oven.

That seems a long time to cook Sweet Potatoes.

I do Sweet Potatoes - 8->10 minutes in the microwave, whole.

We don't eat the skin.
How are they better quality in the air fryer ?

Question for you who have or had both a fryer and a toaster oven, does an air fryer make the toast oven redundant?
Not at all. We use our toaster oven daily. I just used it to make some garlic bread for lunch. Even if the air fryer was on the counter, I wouldn't have used it for that.

The toaster oven gets things crispy and can brown and broil, which our air fryer can't. And I'd never think to make toast in the air fryer even if it can do that.

I'd say the toaster oven and microwave are our workhorses that get used daily. The air fryer is one that gets pulled out now and then when we want to make something that it is better suited for.

The air fryer is one that gets pulled out now and then when we want to make something that it is better suited for.

I think that's the issue for me. I'm trying to figure out what items the air fryer is best suited for that we would actually cook regularly. We rarely eat any kind of fried foods, so reheating frozen fries or that kind of thing would be useless. It would be fun to make fries from a potato, but I don't see myself doing that regularly.

We cook the vast majority of our meals on the stove top, whether that's a skillet dish of some type or a soup/chowder/chili in a pot. We make a lot of "one pot" type meals.

We prefer to cook vegetables like broccoli, brussels sprouts, baked potatoes, etc. in the microwave.

Occasionally we will roast vegetables, or a cut of meat (pork loin, chicken breast, etc.) in the oven, but otherwise we really only use the oven for things like cakes, cookies, pies, or the very rare casserole.

I do have a countertop electric wok that I use fairly often, both for Asian dishes, as well as things like brandied beef.

We also have a crockpot that we only use a few times a year.

I have an outdoor electric grill, but typically only use that a few times each summer for burgers or steaks. It's a bit of a hassle to set up and clean after each meal, so I don't use it a lot. It's more about the summer experience than preferring that cooking method.

For big meals, we often use a combination of appliances, like roasting a turkey in the oven, cooking vegetables in the microwave, and maybe making something like mashed potatoes on the stove top. They each excel at different things.

I've seen a lot of interesting uses for the air fryer such as cooking whole eggs or making grilled cheese sandwiches, but unless it was the only appliance in a dorm room, I don't see the advantage over a pan on the stove top.

Basically, I need that "killer application" that the air fryer excels at better than any other appliance. While speed and convenience are nice, that's not really an issue now that we're retired. Who cares if dinner takes another 20 minutes. Most meals we make last 2-3 days anyway.

We also have the Ninja Foodie Digital Air Fryer Oven. It replaced a Breville toaster over which was wonderful but it was a basic model without convection so limited to baking and toasting. The Ninja does that plus air frying and dehydrating. I have a small kitchen so the fact that it folds up when not in use is a major plus for us.

It is a great reheating device but then so is my toaster oven. When my air fryer dies I will rely solely on my toaster oven.

Our new oven has a air fryer mode so I threw away our portable one.

Yep. We got a combination toaster oven/air fryer made by Cosori. Basically a toaster oven with a couple of fan speeds to circulate air. It comes with a wire mesh tray for air frying. It's a great little oven with digital readouts, wifi enabled so you can monitor the cook time on your phone, even has a small rotisserie attachment. We use it at least three times a week. It took several attempts to dial in the right time/temp/mode for french fries but now we get PERFECT fries every time without using any oil. Baked potatoes take a less time to cook if you use the air fryer function for part of the cook cycle. Also, it fits an entire frozen pizza. Ironically, it's lousy for making toast, takes too long. I haven't tried wings in it yet but frozen breaded chicken comes out delightful.

Last edited:
+1. While toast is one of the modes, unless we are doing toast for a small group we just use a two-slice toaster for toast.

Well, it turns out we had one for years before we figured out it had Air Fry mode....:LOL:
We have Toaster Oven that we have used for years, almost on a daily basis. One day, it quit working so we went and bought a exact replacement model, and the lady at the store said it was one of the better Ovens, especially since it had the "Air Fryer"......:blush:
ha....

ETA - I performed an Autopsy on the old Oven and fixed it. So we gave #1 Daughter the new one and we're still using the old one.
ms gamboolgal now even uses the Air Fry option sometimes nowadays....

Last edited:
More than an air fryer. Easy to clean, we bake, and grill on ours. Have stopped using the outdoor grill
https://www.ninjakitchen.com/products/ninja-foodi-6-in-1-indoor-grill-4-quart-air-fryer-zidEG201
EG201_01

I purchased the NWFG back in June 2023, wish I had purchased sooner..... I have sold or given away my smoker, gas grill, and flat-top griddle. Tutilize this grill no less than twice per week ... So Simple, Quick, and Easy to clean ..... From Air-Frying, to Smoking, Grilling, Baking, and even Dehydrated on this thing.... It is awesome

They are a PIA to clean. DD gave me hers and it just sits on my counter.
What kind do you have? Mine is like a square pot with a metal thingie that's like a steamer basket, so it's as easy as cleaning a pot and a steamer basket and I don't even clean them every time. It would be more of a pain to clean an oven and a pan for sure as I can't take out the whole oven and scrub it the way I can with my air fryer.

What kind do you have? Mine is like a square pot with a metal thingie that's like a steamer basket, so it's as easy as cleaning a pot and a steamer basket and I don't even clean them every time. It would be more of a pain to clean an oven and a pan for sure as I can't take out the whole oven and scrub it the way I can with my air fryer.

COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven, 12-in-1 Convection Ovens with Rotisserie & Dehydrator, Stainless Steel, 6-Slice Toast, 100 Recipes & 6 Accessories Included, Work with Alexa, CS130-AO
download.jpeg

lots of parts

Back
Top Bottom