Don't Save your pymt info online

Cpadave

Recycles dryer sheets
I just had someone hack into my restaurant delivery account and place a $17 breakfast order for pickup. Since my pmt information was saved on their site, there was no issue for them to do this. I immediately called them to report it but the person had already picked up the order. I was told by the online service to dispute the charge. I told them my they should contact the store to see if there was a camera that captured his/her face. They had no interest in doing so. I know the amount is small, but most likely this person is doing this more than once and it adds up. I went to all my online sites that I had placed order in the past to delete the payment history. I rather type in the cc number each time to avoid having someone to get away with this.

Last edited:
Amazon is the only place I've saved my credit card info. Some things I can not trust.

I just had someone hack into my restaurant delivery account and place a $17 breakfast order for pickup. Since my pmt information was saved on their site, there was no issue for them to do this. I immediately called them to report it but the person had already picked up the order. I was told by the online service to dispute the charge. I told them my they should contact the store to see if there was a camera that captured his/her face. They had no interest in doing so. I know the amount is small, but most likely this person is doing this more than once and it adds up. I went to all my online sites that I had placed order in the past to delete the payment history. I rather type in the cc number each time to avoid having someone to get away with this.

It would be better if you made a different password for every site, and a different user name as well.

I do agree with not saving payment history, never do, unless it's an auto pay like the tollway system.

Back
Top Bottom