Dropped Patriot Media....need alternatives.

citrine

Full time employment: Posting here.
I called Patriot Media this afternoon to see what other packages were available to me since the promo price of $29.95 for the internet expired last week. It has now jumped to $52.95/month. I spoke to a surly young woman who basically told me that she cannot offer me anything because I had limited cable. Basically, I would have to take on more channels to get a better deal on the internet. I tried to use the switching line and she was just ambivalent....finally, I said that she can arrange for an appointment to have the tech come out and I would be getting rid of the cable and the internet. She gasped and asked what I would do.....I told her it was none of her business and hung up.

Now I am starting to get a bit of anxiety....it's scary how "addicted" we are to television and the internet!
Anyway, I need some help as to finding an alternative internet provider....anyone have any suggestions?

I'm getting ATT DSL for ten bux a month. (Not an intro offer, the actual ongoing price.) You have to have ATT phone service and have never been a DSL customer with them before. It includes a free modem but ya gotta install it yourself.

I think CFB has a thread awhile back about "churning" for intro. offers....I am on a 19.95/month for a year offer for DSL with my local phone company...I am in the sticks, but if you are in town, seems to be a lot of possibilities....I think my phone company even has lower price planned with slower speeds....still much better than dial up...

Update:

I got a call from the "retention" department who was able to offer me the same deal for another year......I happily signed up!
Why can't they just extend the original deal in the first place rather than go through this bs of a game?

Update:

I got a call from the "retention" department who was able to offer me the same deal for another year......I happily signed up!
Why can't they just extend the original deal in the first place rather than go through this bs of a game?

Cause most people are stupid and would just pay the higher price and the companies know that. Next year you'll go through the same thing.

Thanks Trek...I'm going to be putting that on my "Yearly To-Do List"!

Back
Top Bottom