Empty Nesters

hakuna matata

Recycles dryer sheets
Amazing what a year can bring. One year ago, still both working and had our daughter and one of her friends living here. Today: Both retired for six months or more, put my daughter on a plane to Hawaii today to be with her new husband, and her friend has moved out too.

So we are truly empty nesters now! Woot! Weird mix of emotions though, sad as I will miss my daughter, but excited for her and her husband to start their adventures in life. And where better to start them than Hawaii right? I am very happy for them but will miss them. But now I have another reason to go to Hawaii. A win-win for everyone.:dance:

A little quiet here at the Hakuna house but I think we will adjust. It will be different that is for sure.

Hakuna,

No doubt, you will adjust and life will be sweet.

However, I completely understand the mix of emotions. While happy/ecstatic for our adult offspring to start new lives, there is a void.

I struggled when our youngest moved out.

Still, today, sometimes I wax nostalgic for the old days even though I am happy for them and their new lives. They still hit bumps (and share bits & pieces sometimes), but we know they can and will deal with them and come out stronger.

Yet, I know. I get it....as many of us on this forum have experienced. Mixed emotions, for sure.

While we knew the day would come and while we are thrilled it did....ouch.

Back
Top Bottom