ER - 5 Year Mark

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today I'm 56. :eek:

I've managed to be ER'd for 5 years without : going crazy; being bored too much; becoming alcoholic; getting a mistress; gambling the money away; becoming a meth addict; getting divorced; running out of money; going back to work; getting my mugshot in the papers or regretting it.

Happy Birthday.

13th yr of doing nothing in particular here.

heh heh heh heh - I guess successful ER does not draw attention.

Rock on ITM.

By the time I take the 5th, I'll consider ER a success! Job. We don't need no stinkin' job. Thank you Vanguard.

WooHoo! YEAH! Here's to the next 5!

So, IntotheMystic...have you gotten into mysticism, or the game Myst, or Mystic CT, or what?

I ER'd in March 05 (laid off, yeepie!). I don't know if I can count this is the official start date. I received nearly 7 months severance followed by the equivalent of 2 month salary through unemployment benefits. I then sold my house and have been staying with my father for the last 4 month at very little cost except insurance (ouch), so I haven't really started my ER adventure yet. I hope to set "sail" to uncharted waters within a week or so. I will consider that to be day one.

MJ :)

IntoTheMystic said:
I've managed to be ER'd for 5 years without : going crazy; being bored too much; becoming alcoholic;  getting a mistress; gambling the money away; becoming a meth addict;  getting divorced;  running out of money; going back to work; getting my mugshot in the papers or regretting it.
I'm kinda confused-- are you saying that you're way behind on your ER To-Do list? Or just working extra-hard on one or two items of this list?

astromeria said:
WooHoo! YEAH! Here's to the next 5!

So, IntotheMystic...have you gotten into mysticism, or the game Myst, or Mystic CT, or what?
Thanks!

Well I like Van Morrison's song by that name for starters

I'd like to sing it now if you don't mind...

We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic
And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when that fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
Then magnificently we will float into the mystic
And when that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don't have to fear it
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will float into the mystic
:D

In addition, I think my experience as a Quaker directed me down the mystical road.. .

In any case, the term resonates within me..

You're silly. That's cool :)

Back
Top Bottom