Fall Colors - Show us what you got?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Fall is easily my favorite season, so I am outside as much as possible, sometimes with "the good camera." We went to Door County WI a few weeks ago when (by chance) Fall colors were well underway, and this was my favorite Fall pic this year (though undoubtedly better a week later). I assume peak colors are moving south about now, so coming soon to a location near you for most!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Here's a picture I just took a moment ago after walking out the front door.

The weather we have today is amazing...76 degrees, but in the sun it feels even warmer.

Attachments

• IMG_7774.JPG
    IMG_7774.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Fall? What fall? Temperature here has been in the 90s. And then, it is difficult to get foliage color out of saguaros in the low desert, and evergreens in the high country.

So, recently I had to go to the Canadian Maritimes and New England to get the following photos. They do not do the scenery justice as I am not a photographer, nor have more than my pocket camera, but I think they are good to refresh my memory of the trip in later years.

Last edited:
Gorgeous pics! The next to last reminds me of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park ME, my personal favorite. I hope this is a pleasant, colorful thread!

In our RV trek, we saw much spectacular scenery, but with a lumbering motorhome there was no way we could stop to take a shot. When the lighting was just right, the trees would appear to be aflame with brilliant gold, orange, and red.

I was able to take the above photos when touring with the towed car, but was not happy with the results. The colors though the eyes looked so much better.

PS. Yes, the middle photo was taken from Mt. Cadillac. The place was swarmed with tourists taking photos.

PPS. A real photographer would have so much fun. Even the fern on the ground and the lichen on the rocks turned color!

Last edited:
Hard to tell the difference

Summer and Fall seem to look the same here:(

Attachments

• fallcolors.JPG
    fallcolors.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 26
Some from previous years, they are not so good this year for some reason.

Attachments

• Fall_colors-1.jpg
    Fall_colors-1.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Fall_colors-2.jpg
    Fall_colors-2.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Fall_colors-3.jpg
    Fall_colors-3.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 18
  • Fall_colors-4.jpg
    Fall_colors-4.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 16
The park next door... colors not so great this year.

Attachments

• The park next door.jpg
    The park next door.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 18
This was taken by a friend during our weekly men's tour golf outing a month ago at the Mount Washington (NH) Resort golf course. What a beautiful day we had!

Attachments

• MtWashington-1.jpg
    MtWashington-1.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Excellent pictures! No fall foliage in sight in my area as trees are mostly evergreens.

Great pics. Color hasn't been that great here this year either, and sometimes it seems to come and go faster than other years (it goes from green to withered brown in a matter of days some years). A function of temp (rate of change), rain & humidity, wind, other I'm told?

Fall foliage here was beautiful, but the wind came through the other night and now the trees are bare and we have a sea of leaves on the ground. I'll just sit back now and [-]freeze[/-] enjoy all the photos and posts.:)

Time to sing "All the leaves are brown..." ?

... now the trees are bare and we have a sea of leaves on the ground...

Well, make that "All the leaves are gone...".

Last edited:
My back yard a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• backyard.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 15
Our fall colors here in MN were spectacular a couple of weeks ago. Now we just have branches...:(

Yes, we call it "stick" season - between fall and winter. It's the inverse of mud season that we have in the spring.

This is one of my favorite photos of fall foliage...sumac trees that look like inverse flames. Photos taken on Route 26 somewhere east of the middle of nowhere in upstate NY.

Attachments

• MiscOctober2012 035.jpg
    MiscOctober2012 035.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 13
  • MiscOctober2012 034.jpg
    MiscOctober2012 034.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Nice pics. Fall is my favorite season, too. Either the colors weren't as good this year here, either, or we missed them while busy with the home remodel. Anyway, last year was really pretty here in Hermann. Here are a couple taken from our deck last fall.
DSCF0054.JPG

DSCF0057.JPG

fall in Pembina County ND.

Attachments

• pembina county.jpg
    pembina county.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 44
Chris66, That's quite a view from your deck.

Nodak, The photo looks like a painting, just gorgeous.

The picture is from the top of the Pembina escarpment looking out over the Red River Valley.

Back
Top Bottom