Favorite Chocolate

Dark chocolate Doves or Sees buttercream
milk chocolate/caramel/seasalt clusters at Costco--rich, but pure heaven.

I loved Hershey as a kid. Used to go there and enjoyed the park. I fell in love with DW in Hershey a very long time ago. We were in Hershey at a Urihia Heep concert on August 8, 1974 when President Nixon announced his resignation. Great times were to be had in Hershey but I no longer have the love of their chocolates.

As a kid Hershey ruled but now seems too gritty. As for region of origin, after Belgium my next favorite is any premium brand from Italy. If you like the chocolate in PF Milano cookies, you'll probably like chocolate from Milan.

My favorite is Trader Joe's 85% bars from Colombia. Wonderfully smooth and rich. After getting used to 85% chocolate, 70% tastes very sweet to me.

For boxed chocolates, See's is very good.

There is a British outfit called Hotel Chocolat. We found one of them in Dublin earlier this year and found their products amazingly good. I brought home some 85% dark chocolate bars and I have to really ration myself to a couple of bites per day. Try it if you see one of these places -- they seem to be all over the UK.

We mostly eat dark chocolate. Vosges and Scharffen Berger are favorites, but it’s too expensive for routine consumption, and we found something better.

We buy various brands, but most often it’s the Endangered Species line https://www.chocolatebar.com/product-categories/chocolate-bars/ - usually less than half the cost of Vosges.

DW has Valrhona or Callebaut on hand for baking, but we never eat it as is - really.

We recently discovered https://pocodolce.com/collections/all, the best chocolate we’ve ever had.

Life’s too short to eat cheap chocolate. We’d much rather eat less anyway, so it’s not expensive.

Last edited:
See's chocolates. DH and I are both lifelong fans of See's, having grown up in the Bay Area. I haven't had any in a very long time, as they are only available by mail order in PA.

I went on a factory tour in South San Francisco when I was about 10. My first year of marriage, we lived about a block from the factory. When I had time during my residency, DH and I would walk there and buy one candy each. See's offered a sample for every customer. So we always got 2-for-1. We didn't need to watch our diets so much when we were 25 years old weighing 120 lbs each (DH is fairly short and was very thin).

Lindt has 70% chocolate truffles with a softer chocolate inside, not bad for the money if I get it on sale. The 70% chocolate is only the shell from what I can tell. Still they are quite good and not nearly as sweet as the regular chocolate truffles.

+1 on See's.

+1 on both, although dark chocolate from See's Candies are sweeter.

Last edited:
I am partial to ritter sport bars (there are a number of flavors) but the milk and dark varieties with hazelnuts are wonderful.

DH and I are on a ketogenic diet. We found a wonderful product called Choc Zero Keto Bark. It comes in individual portion wrapped dark or milk chocolate with or without nuts of various kinds. Absolutely delicious and 2 net carbs per a very generous portion. We purchase our "supply" on Netrition.com.:dance:

Belgian chocolate. Anything you can buy in a chain grocery store in the US is not worth eating. Always taste like it is mixed with wax.

Cheers!

Belgian chocolate. Anything you can buy in a chain grocery store in the US is not worth eating. Always taste like it is mixed with wax.
Cheers!

I used to travel to Brussels every year or so for work. On the way home I would stop in the airport to buy (grossly overpriced) chocolate for the office.

Then, one time, one of my local co-workers took me to the little grocery up the street from my hotel, and advised which chocolates were very good (and about 1/3 the price as the airport).:dance:

I can't off hand recall the name, but I did notice recently they are carried by Aldi's. I'll try to check the next time at Aldi's and report back.

These chocolates have proven to be really, REALLY good. :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 28
Esther Price chocolate candies from Dayton, Ohio.

Attachments

• esther price.pdf
    205.2 KB · Views: 14
We buy various brands, but most often it’s the Endangered Species line https://www.chocolatebar.com

I've sampled a variety of dark chocolate brands. The most intense and longest-lasting chocogasms are provided by Endangered Species 72% Cocoa dark chocolate (anything higher than 72% cocoa is too bitter for me).

BTW: chocogasms are superior to orgasms obtained via sexual intercourse in several respects: there is no chance of (1) acquiring a sexually-transmitted disease, (2) getting wenches with child (Shakespeare), or (3) becoming emotionally entangled leading to marriage :eek: .

YMMV. :greetings10:

I've sampled a variety of dark chocolate brands. The most intense and longest-lasting chocogasms are provided by Endangered Species 72% Cocoa dark chocolate (anything higher than 72% cocoa is too bitter for me).

BTW: chocogasms are superior to orgasms obtained via sexual intercourse in several respects: there is no chance of (1) acquiring a sexually-transmitted disease, (2) getting wenches with child (Shakespeare), or (3) becoming emotionally entangled leading to marriage :eek: .

YMMV. :greetings10:
Just emotionally entangled just not leading to marriage

Endangered Species Strong + Velvety Dark Chocolate 88%. Really excellent, both flavor and texture.

A lot of companies make very good extremely dark chocolate these days. Super high in nutrients and antioxidants, it’s great to have these very low sugar options.

Any chocolate less than 85% tastes way too sweet to me now.

Last edited:
I used to travel to Brussels every year or so for work. On the way home I would stop in the airport to buy (grossly overpriced) chocolate for the office.

Then, one time, one of my local co-workers took me to the little grocery up the street from my hotel, and advised which chocolates were very good (and about 1/3 the price as the airport).:dance:

I can't off hand recall the name, but I did notice recently they are carried by Aldi's. I'll try to check the next time at Aldi's and report back.

OK. Now you have me all excited.

Cheers!

I love Callebaut, I usually mix the dark and milk for a nice flavor. The milk is a little too light, the dark and little to dark.

Back
Top Bottom