Favorite Woody Allen Line

Your Favorite Woody Allen Quote?

• My brain? That´s my second favourite organ.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Sex without love is an empty experience, but, as empty experiences go, it's one of the best.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other Woody Allen Quote

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I have loved Woody for years but this was challenged due to his "personal problems". His latest film, Midnight In Paris has restored my faith in him. While I still have issues with his personal life, there's no denying his talent. Like with many brilliant artists, I believe it's not necessary to agree with every detail of their personal lives to appreciate their art.

Love Midnight, but also adore Annie Hall and Manhattan. Dang he made some great movies.

From Annie Hall: "Don't knock masturbation; it's sex with someone I love."

I used to really like his earlier movies. However, the quality started going down and his personal life got just a bit too creepy for me. My favs were Play it Again, Sam and Annie Hall.

"That's a big chicken" -- from Sleeper

"We can walk to the curb from here"

Annie Hall.....(after she parks the car)

From Bananas:
"Rebel Leader: You are accused of killing over a thousand people in your term of office... of torturing hundreds of women and children. How do you plead?"

Diaz: "Guilty... with an explanation."

There are too many outstanding quotes to choose just one. Among my favorites:

More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction. Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

His latest film, Midnight In Paris has restored my faith in him.
Me too. Excellent film and top Woody Allen.

"I am not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Love Annie Hall.

I don't know if it is my favorite but it is the most memorable.

I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075686/quotes?qt0373301

Stardust Memories

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]They try to document their private suffering and fob it off as art[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Did Allen have a Woodie?

Did Allen have a Woodie?

Another flawed person. Very flawed. Doesn't mean we can't appreciate his art. Important to remember him realistically. The good, the bad and the ugly. Lots of all three with him. I've had serious issues with his personal life for sure. Who wouldn't?

Paraphrasing:

Wife: well maybe I can't get pregnant because you've damaged yourself from excessive masturbation!

Woody: What? Now you're knocking my hobbies?

Like with many brilliant artists, I believe it's not necessary to agree with every detail of their personal lives to appreciate their art.
I certainly agree with that--if we insisted upon perfection, our collection of sports heroes, actors, and musicians would be sorely limited. Oh, I forgot politicians..:cool:

Quote from the movie Sleeper … What kind of government you guys got here? This is worse than California.

This one seems appropriate for this forum..

If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank.

Being a fan of brown rice I buy from the local health food store, this is another favorite from Sleeper:

Miles (Woody's character), after being told that everyone he had ever known has been dead for nearly 200 years, replies, "But they all ate organic rice!"

Back
Top Bottom