Fidelity voice ID

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
Likely this isn’t a big deal but... my brokerage and two retirement accounts are at Fidelity. Yesterday I called to have a minor change (cash to margin) changed for one of my holdings.

In the course of the call, the rep mentioned enabling authorization by voice (I guess like FaceID?) for me. I said thanks, not today. They’ve been pushing this for a while now. I never know what to think of alternate forms of authentication so am skeptical.

In the evening I received an email alert that I was now registered for MyVoice (or whatever it’s called). Huh?

As I said I suppose it’s not a big deal but seems pretty sloppy on their part. I replied to the alert, asked to be unregistered, and got a reply in return with a link promising information about how fantastic and secure the service is and also an 800 number to call if I really want to opt out.

Doubt I’ll do anything but c’mon guys, do as requested...

I use it. I like it.

I can tell you that from a recent wire transfer that Fido helped me with, their security is pretty on top of things. It made me feel good.

I've been using it for a while. I like it because it saves me time than going through the authentication process.

I find Fidelity more proactive and sophisticated in their customer financial security than other institutions I do business with. I rarely call in, but when I did last year I didn’t hesitate to do the voice print.

Vanguard uses it and I like it better than answering the same old questions.

Maybe I should have titled this thread differently but I didn’t think something like “Fidelity Ignores Instructions!!!” would add to the typical calmness of e-r.org.

The point was not the security of the technology (I’m not qualified to judge), but being enrolled without approval.

I find Fidelity more proactive and sophisticated in their customer financial security than other institutions I do business with. I rarely call in, but when I did last year I didn’t hesitate to do the voice print.

+1

I happily accepted the voice recognition security feature for phone calls. Saves a lot of time on those occasions when I have to call. I also recently opted in for the fingerprint log-in using the mobile app. Very convenient. You still have to enter the 2FA code from VIP Access. I only use the mobile app to deposit checks.

I use it. I like it.

I can tell you that from a recent wire transfer that Fido helped me with, their security is pretty on top of things. It made me feel good.

+1

I use the Vanguard Voice system with no voice issues. I've had no need to use the Fido system at all. Everything I do with the great majority of my investments at Fidelity requires no personal interaction. What does that tell you?

I use the Vanguard Voice system with no voice issues. I've had no need to use the Fido system at all. Everything I do with the great majority of my investments at Fidelity requires no personal interaction. What does that tell you?
Yeah - we can go for years without calling Fidelity. DH especially.

So, I'm sure our voice print was done way late.

But the main thing is that it makes it much harder for someone else to call in trying to impersonate you.

DW and I are both voice printed and it really does seem to reduce the identification hassle when you call in to Fidelity. We don't speak with them often but it's much easier when we do.

I wonder how great these things are, could an impersonator fool it ?

How does it account for I set it up from my home phone, then call in from my cell phone, the quality or sound of the phone is different.
Can someone fool it, by using sound clips from videos of a person talking ?

Back
Top Bottom