Forget this financial crap, they're changing the recipe for ketchup!

Now that I know about it if I don't like the taste I'll just add my own salt. There's nothing wrong with ignoring the bozos in Washington.

They ought not be changin' things that taste good on my tongue....:tongue:

This is just another example of our new nanny-state ideology... Trust us, we are from the government and we know what is best for you- whether it is health care, consumer choices, financial services, even the food you buy.

so, here is something to pour that new ketchup over:

Santa Clara County Bans Happy Meals

:(

I usually get Hunts' ketchup instead of Heinz because IMO Hunts' is thinner and drippier. I am one of the few who prefers thin, drippy ketchup to ultra-thick ketchup. But I suppose they will change the salt content of Hunts', too.

I won't notice for a couple of years because one squeezable plastic bottle of Hunts' takes a single woman forever to finish. :(

DW announced that we would NEVER again have Heinz ketchup in our house after listening to Teresa Heinz Kerry during the 2004 election.

....and we haven't. :smitten:

DW announced that we would NEVER again have Heinz ketchup in our house after listening to Teresa Heinz Kerry during the 2004 election.

Ahhhh....ketchup....the condiment that binds......:smitten:

Maybe I'll give the nannies a heart attack and start eating my fries with mayonnaise like they do in Holland. :D

Since it's real mayonnaise, it's actually pretty good. None of that faux-mayo we have over here. Just takes a little getting used to.

I have my grandmother's recipe for ketchup and from what I remember it was very good. The only problem with it is the first line is "start with 4 bushels of tomatoes"

I have my grandmother's recipe for ketchup and from what I remember it was very good. The only problem with it is the first line is "start with 4 bushels of tomatoes"
:LOL:

Geezzzzzz....:p

Soon it won't be ketchup anymore but low sodium tomato topping. Anyway, my favorite condiment these days is salsa. I like it on scrambled eggs, steak and even cottage cheese. I consider it a vegetable serving.

phfft.... you won't even notice the difference.

NYT Article

"As we reduced the sodium, we rebalanced the special secret spices," Jackson said.
She said Heinz was not afraid that the new ketchup would go the way of New Coke, which was rejected by consumers when it was unveiled in 1985.
"We conducted extensive testing with a broad cross-section of consumers across the country to ensure there wasn't a distinguishable difference between the current and new recipes," she said.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/big_shakeup_for_ketchup_v7oukEzVObs7MOdSjvoMsI

phfft.... you won't even notice the difference.

NYT Article

Yeah, that's what they said when they forced McDs and the others to quit frying their fries in lard. The world has been on a downworld spiral ever since. :mad:

No lard you say!!!

smiley-violent009.gif

Yeah, that's what they said when they forced McDs and the others to quit frying their fries in lard. The world has been on a downworld spiral ever since. :mad:
:ROFLMAO:

Politically, I'm with you (and your DW). However, remember that Teresa married into to the Heinz name (and the Kerry one, come to think of it).

As far as the brand? I like Heinz (especially their "57 Sauce" for steaks).

Don't let your politics ruin a good meal :LOL: ...

As long as they don't mess with the original Tabasco, I'm okay. (And they can create all the sister versions they want; I'll stick to the original.)

Back
Top Bottom