FTD.com Credit Card Alert

foxfirev5

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today I placed an order for flowers with FTD.com. I used an infrequently used credit card, reserved for internet use. This evening I got a call from the cc company questioning a large number of charges this afternoon. During the call the chages kept racking up. Fortunately I answered the phone and they shutoff the card.
I think more frequent checks of my balances are in order

Today I placed an order for flowers with FTD.com. I used an infrequently used credit card, reserved for internet use. This evening I got a call from the cc company questioning a large number of charges this afternoon. During the call the chages kept racking up. Fortunately I answered the phone and they shutoff the card.
I think more frequent checks of my balances are in order

My bank had me come in this morning to sign forms for a replacement Visa debit card, as mine (and lots more in a systemwide issue) were compromised yesterday--three charges of $5.03 each from three atms before the card(s) were shut down by the financial entities. Wonder if this was related to your problems.

Mine was a Visa credit card, I don't know if it's related or not. We'll probably nver know

I set up email alerts on all my credit cards for greater than 99 cents.
99 cents and above are what thieves use to test if a card is working.
You'll see this in pending transaction if you go to a gas station for instance.

Works well and I just delete the emails after checking they are for legitimate things.

I've been getting a lot of spam from FTD lately. I have it automatically sent to junk so I don't open it. I've never used FTD however. I started to and logged in just to see what the total price would be, got sticker shock, and didn't give them a card to charge to. But the spam - at least 3 a day! Login account regret supersized.

I also use email notifications but not at a low level. Maybe I'll go back and do the 99 cent thing too. Sounds good.

I set up email alerts on all my credit cards for greater than 99 cents.
99 cents and above are what thieves use to test if a card is working.
You'll see this in pending transaction if you go to a gas station for instance.

Works well and I just delete the emails after checking they are for legitimate things.

Not sure I understand why your threshold is $0.99. If you are going to make it as low as $0.99, why not set the threshold at $0.00?

Back
Top Bottom