Gas Prices-driving/buying habits?

All the more reason to get in that RV and go while we still can...

Agree. Did my full USA all contiguous states in my winnebago in my mid thirties. Many great memories for the rocking chair, if ever limited to that. Or, just drifting in my kayak with my feet propped up on the deck, my hat covering my face.

Perhaps even leave DW at home if she does not want to come along, and take off for 6 months to a year? :)

Using imoldernu's 12.500 miles and 25 mpg the additional cost per year of a $1 increase in gas prices is only $500 or less than $10 a week.

For me gas prices are more psychological than real in that I somewhat revolt when prices approach a new milestone ($4/gallon currently). I find that I do try to combine trips, etc even though I know that in fact the additional cost given the meager miles we drive is inconsequential.

Since RE my gas usage has dropped, from 20 gallons a week to 20 a month. I'm continuing to drive my 10 year old Silverado. I might replace it with somthing more efficient when we figure out if we're moving somewhere.

For ten years I commuted 120 miles daily, used ~40 gallons a week. I'd always considered a commuter vehicle but didn't feel comfortable about driving something small and light on the 12 miles of county mantained gravel and dirt roads. There were hazards back there, many times cresting a hill to find cattle wandering down the road. Never wanted to hit one in any vehicle, but a compact really scared me.

Back
Top Bottom