Gentlemen...if you please

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
i need some different gift ideas for dh2b. i speak Martian pretty well as a 2nd language (tools and misc guy domain stuff) but once again i am stumped.
gift numero uno - i already got him a gift subscription to a certain man's magazine. sssssssshhhhhhhhhh! :cool:
my budget for gift numero dos is $50 and under. he already owns enough computer software and hardware and digital stuff and tools and videos.
so let's hear your wish list, if you please. i know the rest of the gals here will benefit.
i am very openminded, so feel free to PM me if the idea is, um, well you know. >:D

Well, I'm not a gentleman or gentlewoman for that matter....>:D, but he might enjoy a hand held massager...you know for those aching muscles...

...he already owns enough computer software and hardware and digital stuff and tools...

Impossible.

Here's a neat digital tool: Harbor Freight - Infrared Thermometer

• [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Laser sight lets you draw a bead on the exact location you want to measure [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif] Readings in Fahrenheit or Celsius [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif] Temperature range: -27 to 482°F (-33° to 250°C) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif] 40 hour battery life [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif] $19.99 + shipping[/FONT]

i need some different gift ideas for dh2b. i speak Martian pretty well as a 2nd language (tools and misc guy domain stuff) but once again i am stumped.
gift numero uno - i already got him a gift subscription to a certain man's magazine. sssssssshhhhhhhhhh! :cool:
my budget for gift numero dos is $50 and under. he already owns enough computer software and hardware and digital stuff and tools and videos.
so let's hear your wish list, if you please. i know the rest of the gals here will benefit.
i am very openminded, so feel free to PM me if the idea is, um, well you know. >:D

Personally I don't need 'stuff', would prefer consumables: wine, beer, liquor, various foods, soaps, scents; as a young one, I gave my father a certificate to wash and wax his truck.

Impossible.

• [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Laser sight lets you draw a bead on the exact location you want to measure [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Readings in Fahrenheit or Celsius [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Temperature range: -27 to 482°F (-33° to 250°C) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif]40 hour battery life [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif]$19.99 + shipping[/FONT]
is this a range finder, i.e. measures from your location to a distant point, only?

Random ideas:

Wool socks from SmartWool or Wigwam
nose hair trimmer
quick clamps (for the workshop)
nice pressure gauge for tires
cooking stuff (if he cooks)
super-bright and high quality LED flashlight
backpack
leatherman tool or other swiss army knife type thing

Some info please.

What kind of tools? What does he use them for?

Some good suggestions there Al.

Personally I don't need 'stuff', would prefer consumables: wine, beer, liquor, various foods, soaps, scents; as a young one, I gave my father a certificate to wash and wax his truck.
yes indeed. coupons are good ideas. i did that for my mom in the long ago, far away lean years.

dh2b had never been on a cruise before he met me. i fixed that problem! he loved the food and table service so much. so i started a tradition for christmas whereas i prep and serve a cruise style dinner, full formal table setting and all sorts of small portion gourmet courses. i even have a different "cruise staff" outfit planned for each year. i plan it, shop and cook, he does the kitchen cleanup. later.:cool:

Some info please.
What kind of tools? What does he use them for?
Some good suggestions there Al.
automotive tools. he is a full DIY self taught auto mechanic. we just bought a 260 piece mechanics tool set, mostly sockets, as an early xmas present for both of us.
also, handheld power tools are all set. we combined his stuff and my stuff and even gave away or donated some duplicates.

[-]No. It is a thermometer[/-] Edit: It measures the surface temperature of whatever you target from a reasonable distance - the BBQ grill, for example.

What a hoot at a party.

Hey Bubba, that one is HOT. :)

Ha

Impossible.

• [FONT=arial, sans-serif] Readings in Fahrenheit or Celsius [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif] Temperature range: -27 to 482°F (-33° to 250°C) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif] 40 hour battery life [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, sans-serif] $19.99 + shipping[/FONT]

I've got one of these. Handy for all sorts of stuff - like finding cold air leaks around windows, electrical boxes, etc.

I'd also second the LED flashlight idea. I've got a Maglite with the 3 D batteries, makes an awesome [-]weapon[/-] tool to carry in the car.

automotive tools. he is a full DIY self taught auto mechanic. we just bought a 260 piece mechanics tool set, mostly sockets, as an early xmas present for both of us.

Then consider something that organizes all the stuff - look in the Sears tool section.

Well, if you already got him a subscription to some other magazine then I guess you're going to have to put "Family Handyman" on the list for another holiday. FH has both pictures and articles...

Sure he has tools. But does he have a set of deep sockets with a 3/8" drive? A portable workbench? A portable circular saw or a line of 18v interchangeable-battery power tools like a reciprocating saw or a brad nailer? A power screwdriver or a power drill with a LED illuminator on its tip? If nothing else he might appreciate a $50 gift card to Home Depot or Lowes. A really nice/expensive pair of leather gloves or safety-grip gloves? Prescription safety goggles? A bag of comfortable foam earplugs?

When I became presbyopic I suddenly found one of these LED headlamps very useful for troubleshooting & repairs:

Attachments

• LED headlamp.jpg
    LED headlamp.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 155
Sure he has tools....A bag of comfortable foam earplugs?
really great list - already own for most items but i will recheck the inventory while he is slaving over a hot piece of paper this week.
the only bad idea i saw on your list was earplugs.
would any smart woman really buy her dh2b a set of EARPLUGS? :rolleyes:
at least wait until we're MARRIED.

[sorry, i couldn't resist that wisecrack :D].

Ok, to put your mind at rest...here's the sure fire thing...

You keep $25, give him $25 ($50 in one dollar bills) then tip each other.....>:D Carry on....

HaHa said:
What a hoot at a party.
Hey Bubba, that one is HOT. :)

I considered using that example. Nice to know I've got back-up.^-^

you guys are too funny! you made my face hurt from laughing.

:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D

i'd award you both 10 ROFL laughies each but my emoticon menu won't go to the More section so i can get the rest of the emoticons. wierd!

It's easy to shop for guys you just go to Home Depot and look for those tool sets or go to Sears and get one of those big tool boxes or a saw . Guys love saws . If all else fails they also love anything connected to their favorite team . You can buy underwear with their team logo on it and they are happy .

would any smart woman really buy her dh2b a set of EARPLUGS? :rolleyes:
at least wait until we're MARRIED.
[sorry, i couldn't resist that wisecrack :D].
Gosh, so that her snoring doesn't keep him awake!

Ba-dump bump. *clang*

After 20-30 years of exposed power-tool use I bet you'll wish you'd taken care of his hearing when you could... besides, his listening is already as good as it's ever going to get, right?

Back
Top Bottom