George H.W. Bush Passing

thanks for posting the actual video. i had posted a link a few days ago, but it was ignored as far as i could tell.
I did see several related pictures in this thread but I thought I'd just post the entire video of his Capitol Rotunda visit.

Last edited:
Loved the video. Picture of Sully by the casket earlier in this thread is priceless.

If anyone saw Bob Dole struggle to his feet from his wheelchair(with assistance) to salute, you witnessed something special.

To me it seems the traumas he endured when young (war battles, being shot down and losing crew members, and the loss of a child) contributed to give him a perspective to not take things for granted, and to treat everyone, even those he differed with, with respect.

To me it seems the traumas he endured when young (war battles, being shot down and losing crew members, and the loss of a child) contributed to give him a perspective to not take things for granted, and to treat everyone, even those he differed with, with respect.

+1

All the eulogies were wonderful tributes.

All the eulogies were wonderful tributes.
+1

I watched the coverage most of the day. Amazing how well the funeral and all associated activities "seemed" to be so well planned/choreographed. Given his age and health, I'm sure a lot of today's activities had been planned for weeks or even months in advance.

Last edited:
I saw President George H W Bush in 1992 when he was campaigning in Jonesboro, Ga. I was about 20 feet in front of him. I don't remember what he said, but we stood there for about 3 hours before he showed up. He was running late. I didn't know much about him then except as President.

He was a "good man" and what more could someone want to be remembered by everyone but that. Simple and honest.

My prayers go out to the Bush family.

Back
Top Bottom