Getting married in 1 week!!

citrine

Full time employment: Posting here.
So, I am finally taking the plunge into marriage next week, October 13th!! This board has been such a big part of my life and all of you have been so supportive and candid with your help and advice. I just wanted to share this with you :)
Please feel free to share any words of wisdom and your wedding stories!

Congratulations Citrine! I wish you a happy marriage and hope your wedding day is the best day yet.

Congratulations, Citrine! Wishing you all the best! :dance:

omni

Congratulations Citrine! Wishing you and DH to be a wonderful life together.

Congrats, we're on 30 years now. I can highly recommend it.

Congratulations!

After all the time and effort put into planning the wedding, be sure to stop for a moment and take it all in. It will all happen so fast. Enjoy yourselves.

Congratulations!

I think after nearly 20 years of marriage the best advice I can share is that the other person is always right. I've become an expert at "yes, you have a good point." If you both remember that most every issue is pretty small stuff... and that a household is only as happy as the least happy person in it... compromise comes easily and life is really good! :dance:

Congrats......and don't blow a lot of money on the wedding!

This might be a little morbid, but if you figure out 'soon' (a year or two) after you have married this person they are not who you thought they were (in a bad way), get the heck out. Some people change drastically after they get married and you realize 'Houston, we have a problem!'

My first marriage was relatively short due to the above issue but #2 is going strong at 20 years. #1 was not ready to be a marriage partner (and it did not become obvious until after we were married) and I wasn't going to hang in there until he was...which took about another 15 years. Good guy (and still a friend) but a lousy husband. If I'd hung around trying to 'fix' #1, I never would have met and married my current husband which would have been a huge loss in my life.

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful wedding day.

Congrats and best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

What's the hardest and the most bitter cake to swallow :confused: Hint, every single man would love to have one, and many married men regret of eating one... It's a wedding cake....hahaha (JK). Someone told me this before my wedding..

Congratulation. Wish you the best on your journey. I also hope that your spouse have the same vision of Early Retirement like you and many of us.

Enuff

Congratulations, Citrine.

Best wishes for you all. :)

That is great news, citrine! And congratulations from the bottom of my long-wedded heart. Marriage can be hard work, but as long as you have lots of cats, y'all will be fine! :)

Get a pre-nup?

Thanks everyone!
I am marrying an awesome man and I still love being with him after three years so that is a great sign! I was engaged twice before but could not go through with it.
Yes, he is definitely on board with early retirement and takes him twice as long to buy anything than me!

So, I am finally taking the plunge into marriage next week, October 13th!! This board has been such a big part of my life and all of you have been so supportive and candid with your help and advice. I just wanted to share this with you :)
Please feel free to share any words of wisdom and your wedding stories!
[-]Condolences? [/-] Congratulations!:)

Back
Top Bottom