Good deals you found

Pork roast, bone in only 99 cents a pound. Bought 2. Eating pork for weeks. That;s OK, though. Potatoes for 30 cents a pound. Usually 40 to 60 cents a pound. Making lots of french fries.

The suitcase my mother gave my wife about 10 years ago is a good brand and a good size but worn out. We travel a lot so took the suitcase to 3 stores including an outlet store finding the best price at $557.00. On the third time of looking at a local thrift store I found the same one for $12 minus 30% off for senior. On the way to the register I found a dollar bill on the floor.

Wow. Who knew a suitcase could be so expensive?

I stumbled on this yesterday. I hope the link conveys and this type of posting is allowed. I follow a deals shopping website and they created a google doc that shows the Black Friday deals on items by category i.e. luggage, televisions, toys, etc. It gives item name, vendor, price and helpful info. Im certain its not all inclusive and I think it excludes amazon but its a great reference and place to look for gift ideas.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Mn53bqV4E/htmlview?ts=5bbf4219&sle=true#gid=0

I still can't resist the $0.39/lb turkey deals this time of year. Last year I was cooking, and ended up with three turkeys. This year we're visiting, so I've forced myself to a limit of one.

DW and I were on airvoicewireless with unlimited talk/text & 1GB of data for $30/month. Last month I noticed that her autorefill had renewed for $27. I got on the airvoicewireless website and discovered that they had changed their plans.

Our $30/month plan had been increased from 1GB to 4GB of data and now offered a $3 discount for autorefill. The $20/month plan, which we had previously not used because it only had 100MB of data, was now 2GB of data and had a $2 discount for autorefill.

So now rather than paying $30/month for unlimited talk/text & 1GB of data we pay $18/month for unlimited talk/text & 2GB of data (which is all we need). We are saving $24/month. :dance:

AT&T network... best deal for AT&T service that I have seen.

DH switched his cell service to Comcast/Xfinity for $12 a month, which is 1 GB of data and unlimited talk and text. We're home a lot, so neither of us rarely use more than 1 GB. Verizon network. Note: You must have Comcast/Xfinity wi-fi to get this price, which we've had since 2000.

I'll be switching from AT&T when my phone gets a little older. You can bring your own device if you're an iPhone person (which DH is), but I'd have to buy a new phone if I want to move since apparently AT&T Android devices can't be carried over due to some proprietary software. :( Oh well, I got my bill down to $40 a month, and at this time last year our cell bill was $115 a month for the two of us, so I consider $52 a month a step in the right direction.

My neighbor had a garage sale, and sold me a nice Yamaha stereo receiver for $20. He didn't have any speakers, but going to St Vincent's thrift store scored two pairs of bookshelf speakers for $11 total. All of this is my new detached garage radio/entertainment system. Sure beats the small portable radio I had out there.

DW got a 10# turkey for $0.25/pound. Didn't know any meat would cost that little!

I stumbled on this yesterday. I hope the link conveys and this type of posting is allowed. I follow a deals shopping website and they created a google doc that shows the Black Friday deals on items by category i.e. luggage, televisions, toys, etc. It gives item name, vendor, price and helpful info. Im certain its not all inclusive and I think it excludes amazon but its a great reference and place to look for gift ideas.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Mn53bqV4E/htmlview?ts=5bbf4219&sle=true#gid=0

Wow, that is amazing! Thanks for posting. If you don't mind sharing, would love to know what shopping website you use.

DH switched his cell service to Comcast/Xfinity for $12 a month, which is 1 GB of data and unlimited talk and text. We're home a lot, so neither of us rarely use more than 1 GB. Verizon network. Note: You must have Comcast/Xfinity wi-fi to get this price, which we've had since 2000.

I'll be switching from AT&T when my phone gets a little older. You can bring your own device if you're an iPhone person (which DH is), but I'd have to buy a new phone if I want to move since apparently AT&T Android devices can't be carried over due to some proprietary software. :( Oh well, I got my bill down to $40 a month, and at this time last year our cell bill was $115 a month for the two of us, so I consider $52 a month a step in the right direction.

Couldn't you save $22/month if you moved to that airvoicewireless plan I posted? and you could use your existing Android phone.

I've been toying with buying a waterproof camera to take in my kayak and snorkeling and it occurred to me that they used to make a waterproof case for my old Canon S300 digital camera. That case sold for over $200 but now one can pick one up on eBay for less than $15 with shipping, which I did. It should be fun.

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Waterproof-Case-WP-DC100-Powershot/dp/B00006B7R9

I have xfininty phone/TV/internet for $158 a month. I signed up for an xfinity cell phone for me and one for my wife. Phones cost $240 each broken down to $10 a month per phone for 2 years. Data plan is $12 a gig and we rarely use more than 1 gig. So that's $32 a month for the cell phones w/data for two years, then $12 a month after. But here's where it becomes interesting;
Day after we bought the phones, they went on sale 50% off. Instead of dropping the monthly phone charge to $5 each a month, they credited my account for $240. That's 7 1/2 months worth of service and phones. But wait, it gets better. Our xfinity phone/TV/internet bill was credited $20 for the addition of getting cell phones. So for the next 7 1/2 months I don't pay a dime for the phones or data plan use. My cable bill dropped from $158 to $138 a month. Not only free phones, but they are paying me $20 a month for me to own them!! If this continues, after 7.5 months my cell phone bill will be $12 a month for the remaining 2 years. After that, my data plan of $12 a month is offset by the $20 a month I'm credited on the cable bill.

Last edited:
A friend and I ride our bikes every morning when it isn't raining and stop when anyone has set out their recycle. He began blacksmithing after retiring and creates metal sculpture from found/discarded items. We have even found serviceable bicycles. One was even a Trek mountain bike in perfect condition that sells for about $1k. Others we take to a bike shop to clean up and donate to someone in need.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom