Goodbye Boy

Calgary_Girl

Full time employment: Posting here.
On Feb. 6th we found out that Timber, our 6 yr old. Blue Heeler/Lab mix had Stage 3 Hermangiosarcoma (cancer).

They operated on him and removed two tumors that were bleeding but he still had smaller lesions on his liver that they could not remove and gave him anywhere from 6 weeks to 1 year to live. He was doing well at home after they released him and seemed like his old self until Feb. 16 when he stopped showing interest in his food and was very tired. On Feb. 17 we took him to the vet and they told us the smaller lesions on his liver had started to bleed and he was slowly bleeding to death and would most likely die overnight. In order to spare him a painful end we made the hardest decision we've ever had to make and put him to sleep.

We all miss him terribly and I still can't say his name without starting to cry. The hardest part is knowing that our 10 month old daughter won't remember him...they loved playing together.

Goodbye old friend, we'll never forget you.

Attachments

• IMG_5455.JPG
    IMG_5455.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5455.JPG_thumb
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
I am so sorry for your loss. They are such special members of our families. They give us the unconditional love that we all need. Remember all the good times that you had with him and how much love that you gave to him also.

This is just heartbreaking! I'm so sorry for your loss--you're in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm sorry. I know it's tough. :(

I lost my Teddy due to cancer on January 20th, 2006. I figure as long as I've got one brain cell working, I'll remember him.

I'm sorry about your loss of Timber. It's so sad, he was so young. I'm sure he was much loved. -kate

I am very sorry for your loss. I'm sure Timber was as much a part of your family as anyone else. I have to take my Boru to the vet tomorrow because he's not eating either.

It's probably too soon, but please remember that when you are ready, your local ASPCA most likely has over a dozen applicants for the positionof "best friend".

I'm so sorry to hear this. How lucky Timber was to have a good life and a peaceful death. It's so hard to lose them.

Calgary_Girl said:
Goodbye old friend, we'll never forget you.

Oh, no. Another beloved dog gone. My deep sympathy, having just gone through this. It's awful. You obviously did the right thing for your little guy, but it's so hard.

We still grieve Sophie 2 months later, every time we do something she would otherwise have been part of. Go with the flow, honey. It will ease up.

I'm very sorry, losing a friend like that is so hard.

C_G,

So sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts. You obviously loved him through and through, enough to allow him to pass comfortably and with dignity.

They are always with us in our hearts.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Remember the good life that you shared.

Unfortunately, I know all too well what you are going through. Please accept my deepest condolences.

Sorry for your loss. Our Dog that grew up with the children passed away last year. Much to my supprise I was sick for days. Still brings a tear when I think of her. We have a young dog also. Makes me appriciate the time with her more. Life is just too short.

I'm saddened by your loss. We lost our beloved Misty, 3 months ago. Not a day goes by, that I don't look at her pictures and wish, She- were here! She will not be forgotten! You must hang onto your memories!

I'm so sorry. We lost a beloved dog in July and my favorite cat in October. Its so hard!!!!!!

Very sorry for your loss...condolences from our family including the fuzzy ones.

Not something I want to think about. We've got six furry babies and they'll all go before Gabe is ten. He's going to get some tough life lessons early. And they'll be the six worst days of my life. :(

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Today would have been Timber's 7th birthday...Happy Birthday buddy. :'(

Calgary Girl,

I'm sorry for your loss and wish you peace and comfort at this difficult time. I believe dogs are God's gift to humans to teach us unconditional love.

2soon

Me too - I'm 63 and still remember everyone we had to put down since the age of 5.

Maybe he is up there playing with Peter, Becky, Prancer, and Critter.

So sorry for you loss, if you spell dog backwords it spells "God"
animals truly are from God...

Kathyet

I'm so sorry about your loss. I know how much it hurts to lose a loved pet.

Back
Top Bottom