Google annoyances, "+1", and ipod touch, Firefox

ls99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Seems many articles I try to read on Ipod touch, dump to a blank screen with a "g+1" showing in the top left of the screen. BTW I use Firefox home on the Ipod.

Recently I discovered that Firefox is discontinuing support for Firefox Home on the Ipod. I really don't feel like using another browse like the included Safari. Benefits of Firefox Home were: syncing my desktop firefox browser favorites with the Ipod touch.

Additionally some articeles I try to read in Firefox on my desktop, a box shows up on the left of the article, partially obscuring the text with a "g+1"

Anyone have idesa fixes for getting rid of this google annoyance?

Perhaps I'm picky, I just dont feel like giving articles a +1, At least I'd like to have a chance at reading the stuff, then maybe I can decide to give it a +1 or not.

I just use the mobile app for most all of the sites I visit on my Ipod. Almost all are free and optimized for the small screen.

Additionally some articeles I try to read in Firefox on my desktop, a box shows up on the left of the article, partially obscuring the text with a "g+1"
I've been using Firefox for years on two different desktops and several laptops and have never seen the "g+1".

I've been using Firefox for years on two different desktops and several laptops and have never seen the "g+1".

It is not too frequent, just occasional enough to bug me.

I highly recommend using Chrome for mobile devices (iOS, Android) and the desktop (Windows, Mac). It does synching as well, and is so fast!

I highly recommend using Chrome for mobile devices (iOS, Android) and the desktop (Windows, Mac). It does synching as well, and is so fast!

I found a browser for Ipod, it is called "360". Looks intersesting, does a lot of stuff, and will sync firefox favorites. IF and only if, I can figure out how to dump google as a default general browser from it, will I pay $ 0.99 for it and install.

I will not use anything google or facebook etc.. Just a personal peccadillo.

I also use Instapaper on my Ipod Touch. So if I am reading a long article in the Ipod Safari (or any other) browser, I just select a certain bookmark and the long article is instantly archived in the cloud. Then I can pull up my Ipod Touch Instapaper application right then or anytime in the future and read that long article, well formatted, even if I have lost WiFi.

This helps with a large subset of browsing problems people might encounter on a small device.

Back
Top Bottom