Got a Dream Life?

Very interesting stories! I can't believe that I read the golf one 1st. I don't even like golf.

I found this blurb in the article about John Paul DeJoria uplifting and relavent.

What is the role of the American Dream in society?
I see it as very powerful, and I believe it is important that people don’t forget about it. When I listen to the news, I wonder why they are telling people that we’re in the worst economy and society we’ve seen since the Great Depression. In 1980, when we started our company, everything was worse than it is today: Inflation was 12.5%, interest rates were 18% or more, unemployment was 10.5%, our hostages were still held in Iran, and you had to wait in line around the block to get gasoline....

It was worse in 1980.

Life is good.
Life is almost always good, compared to non-life. Regarding your historical comparison, on the surface, you are correct. But 1980 was like a young person with a broken leg, and today is like an old person with a broken arm. Superficially, a broken leg is worse than a broken arm. But the whole picture likely makes the old person's future more doubtful.

Ha

Last edited:
Life is almost always good, compared to non-life. Regarding your historical comparison, on the surface, you are correct. But 1980 was like a young person with a broken leg, and today is like an old person with a broken arm. Superficially, a broken leg is worse than a broken arm. But the whole picture likely makes the old person's future more doubtful.

Ha

Yea, being young is almost always better than being old. Except when it is not.
I think that now is a great time to be alive.

Back
Top Bottom